Diablo® III

Diablo III was unable to initialize

I launch d3, get the patcher screen, says everything is fine. hit play then i see the Diablo Banner then BAM

Streaming Failure
Diablo III was unable to initialize a streaming connection, which is required to download, patch, and repair files. Please Check Your Connection Settings.

interwebs is just fine, no firewall up or on, no antivirus running to my knowledge.. any ideas?
3 hours left hnnnngg the stress i say the stress
Reply Quote
bump :<

redownloaded, nothing new zzzzzz
Reply Quote
no ideas? anyone? crapalappa ding dong
Reply Quote
Just got it right now aswell.. Worked properly 2h ago.
Reply Quote
idk what it is. but i had been playing fine all night and it just started happening to me right now. i think it might be the servers or something
Reply Quote
Same problem here just happens during the install.
Reply Quote
I am having the same problem now too. It worked fine 2 hours ago.
Reply Quote
!@#$ YOU %^-*ing Blizzard
Reply Quote
!@#$ YOU %^-*ing Blizzard
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Having this issue as well. Anything, blizz? Don't leave hundreds of millions of dollars worth of consumers hanging -.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same deal. Ever since their emergency maintenance today. Firewall off, scanning off, net is fine. Problems on your end once again blizz.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Same problems, any hint to what is the cause? I just sent a ticke, if it can help:
Yesterday the game was working fine, logged in at 2AM PDT, there was a maintenance at 1PM, worked fine from 3:30PM up to 8:30PM. I just tried to log back and it says:"Streaming Failure Diablo III was unable to initialize a streaming connection, which is required to download, patch, and repair files. Please Check Your Connection Settings." when I click on the PLAY button in the launcher. I checked the FAQ and deleted the C:\Program Data\Battle.net folder. The result was the game simply giving me the error before even showing the launcher. I tried from my roommate computer and it load fines, and he uses the same wired connection as I do, with the same router, ISP provider etc. I also tried with my wireless connection which is my default connection normally. Since it worked fine yesterday I'd assume it is somethng on your end, and since there are other players that are having the issues on the forum then It's not an isolate case. Whatever modification that were made in the last maintenance yesterday is conflicting with my settings, which worked before, but not of those of my roommate. Although I assume everybody ask the very same specific team, please come back to me asap about this issue. Thank You Very Much! Great Game!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Eva, can you check this in Control Panel, in Internet Options?

Go to the Connections tab.

Click on LAN Settings

Make sure these are Unchecked:

• Use automatic configuration script
  • Use a proxy server for your LAN

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you for the quick reply :)
Yes those are both unchecked, sadly.
Tried again and it's back to only giving me the error when I click on play.

edit: /cry
Edited by KratosAurion#1779 on 5/16/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i was having the same issue so i disabled my little snitch firewall and got in the game
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I just disabled windows firewall, but the only difference is that when the diablo III icon pops up, at one point it gets a black background instead of the alpha (transparent) color. Still after a while I get the streaming error.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
05/16/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Eva
I just disabled windows firewall, but the only difference is that when the diablo III icon pops up, at one point it gets a black background instead of the alpha (transparent) color. Still after a while I get the streaming error.

Diablo III is already installed, right? Go in your Diablo III folder and delete the Diablo III.mfil file. It may not help at all, but it's worth a shot.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Tried that. The launcher proceeded to update tools, than a loading with 'updating files X/Y' occured, then the PLAY button was available, than same issue as above. :(

Also tried to desinstall and reinstall the game, same issue.

Tried to copy/paste roommate folder, same issue.
Edited by KratosAurion#1779 on 5/16/2012 4:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]