Diablo® III

Collectors Edition AND Standard?

I just bought the Standard Edition and I had a question about the Collector's Edition. I did not preorder it because I wasn't aware of the release date until a couple days ago. Now it's sold out everywhere.

I would still like to get the Collector's Edition but I know that might be a few weeks or months before I can find a copy available.

However, as I'm installing the Standard Edition, I have the question of what would happen if I installed the Collector's Edition later on. I think I'd be installing almost two separate games on the computer so I wouldn't expect any problems with installing two Diablo III Key's, right?

Further more, my question is would I be able to transfer my heroes from Standard to Collectors? I doubt it but I would like that possibility because I AM willing to pay an extra $100 to get the Collectors, in addition to the Standard I already have. I do not intend on returning the Standard or trading it in or whatever other options entertainment stores now have available.

I don't want to bother any of Blizzard's staff tonight, when the servers are about to come on in less than two hours so that's why I'm asking it here. And it's not a technical issue anyway.

Any answers would be appreciated. I'll see you all on the servers in 97 minutes.
Edited by WhitePaws#1362 on 5/14/2012 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Priest
I've seen other people state that those who buy a CE and had a copy of the SE (usually through the WoW annual pass) could contact costumer support with their CE key in hand and get their account upgraded. No changing characters needed.

Your battle.net account will only accept one Diablo 3 key, so you hafta get it upgraded.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Any idea what the best way to get a hold on a collectors edition at this point? All I see are ebay auctions, and I'd rather not pay double price (at least). Is there a chance there will be physical copies at some stores, or will more become available later on?
Reply Quote
I suppose that Blizzard would have already accounted for my problem. I should have seen that coming since they do have the best gaming customer service in the industry. Well then, I will be getting a Collector's Edition eventually, whenever I can get my greedy paws on one, and I will contact Customer Service when I do.

Thanks for answering my questions Reinatta. :) It puts my mind much more at ease.

05/14/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Goramfurries
Any idea what the best way to get a hold on a collectors edition at this point? All I see are ebay auctions, and I'd rather not pay double price (at least). Is there a chance there will be physical copies at some stores, or will more become available later on?

For now, I was unsuccessful in finding any retail store willing to part with a Collectors Edition as they have too many preorders. I drove to a Best Buy and Gamestop who were participating in midnight release. So no, I doubt there will be a physical copy available in retail any time soon. You can sign up with Amazon to be notified when they get more in, because I assume they will go through their next shipment very quickly.
Edited by WhitePaws#1362 on 5/14/2012 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
For now, I was unsuccessful in finding any retail store willing to part with a Collectors Edition as they have too many preorders. So no, I doubt there will be a physical copy available in retail any time soon. You can sign up with Amazon to be notified when they get more in, because I assume they will go through their next shipment very quickly.

Ah good, so there will be another batch upcoming? That's all the hope I need.
Reply Quote

Ah good, so there will be another batch upcoming? That's all the hope I need.

Don't take my word for it. I remember seeing Starcraft II's Collector's Edition available sometime after release. Either retailers released their strangle-hold on the Collector's Edition, another shipment was sent out from Blizzard themselves, or the unlikely scenario that demand wasn't as high for Starcraft 2.

But as I do hope to get the features that come with the Diablo III Collector's Edition, I will also hope to find a copy available sometime after release.
Edited by WhitePaws#1362 on 5/14/2012 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If StarCraft 2 is any indication you can purchase a standard and if you happen to nab a collector's down the line you can get your account upgraded by contacting Blizzard.

As for nabbing a collector's. Keep an eye on GameStop's website by checking it thursday (the first day they can release pre-orders without remorse; though keep in mind these are the standalone shops and not the ones located within a mall). Also keep an eye out on websites like Amazon.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 10:39 PMPosted by MVPotential
If StarCraft 2 is any indication you can purchase a standard and if you happen to nab a collector's down the line you can get your account upgraded by contacting Blizzard.

That reminds me, what happens to the Standard Edition product key? Does Blizzard reclaim it or can I give it to a friend?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
its Diablo 3 all CE is gone only way to get one is ebay or greedy mofo selling them for $199
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]