Diablo® III

Error 84 & Error 12

Guys, i've gave my old account to a friend. I bought the US version. I just can't wait for ANY longer. It's stressed me out too much too far this time. Blizzard is lucky I still support them. (Blizzard US that is, Not blizzard tw. They can go into the bin.)

Hope you guys have better luck.
Reply Quote
Don't know why everyone's so negative about calling TW support. I called them once using Skype (from China) and i got to speak to a rep within 30 minutes.

Way faster than their US support line. Called them 4 times, had to wait in between 48 and 126 minutes.

US told me to contact Taiwan and I feel if we want a solution it would be most logical to contact them. Don't bother if you don't speak Chinese tho. I tried that and that does not work at all...
Reply Quote
Don't know why everyone's so negative about calling TW support. I called them once using Skype (from China) and i got to speak to a rep within 30 minutes.

Way faster than their US support line. Called them 4 times, had to wait in between 48 and 126 minutes.

US told me to contact Taiwan and I feel if we want a solution it would be most logical to contact them. Don't bother if you don't speak Chinese tho. I tried that and that does not work at all...

Really? I called Blizzard US on thursday and I got to speak to a rep within 10 minutes.

Maybe I was just lucky.
Reply Quote
well what did the reps' say?
Reply Quote
US reps: we dunno, contact TW support, they might be able to help
TW reps: no idea, my chinese is at the lvl of a 3 yr old (even worse than that prob -_-). they didn't speak any english.

Guess i'll try again next week and ask a friend to help
Reply Quote
Is there any way we can play in English?
Any news now?
Reply Quote
According to the support, replying to this will help. I personally don't see this helping because I see pages of replies and no fix.

A suggestion if blizzard actually read this:

Free up the option to change the language on the battle net account for the global version so people can choose the language they want to play in. Minimal work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I am also having this issue. I'm an American expat living in South Korea, and I bought the box. Nothing on the box said it would be language locked.

I don't care about having to play on Asian servers. I don't care about not having access to the Real Money Auction House. But I need to switch to English so I know what's happening in the game.

I am really hoping they can just swap out my license for a US license, or realize this language policy is a bad idea and enable ALL versions to change languages. I'm pretty sure that on the US version, you can play in Chinese or Korean if you really want to. Fair is simply fair.
Edited by Boffo97#1137 on 5/22/2012 4:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Please fix this. I am really disappointed.
Reply Quote
I have been playing from my boyfriends' account even though I have my own copy, to understand the game. What the hell, blizzard?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
At this point, all we can do is keep making noise about it until they realize that people affected by this won't just go away.

They really should have printed on the box in English "Korean Language Only". (Or equivalents for various languages common in various areas.)
Reply Quote
Still cant use english in US server...
Reply Quote
Let people around the world speak the International Language, please!
Reply Quote
I am in china, bought the D3 box. Downloaded the Us client i thought. When i try to use english, I get Error 84. Saying I have to use the clients native language. I'd switch to chinese but i don't think i could switch back!

Blizzard, Let me play in English!!!!
Reply Quote
Same situation in Hong Kong, I require the game to be in English.
Emailed support and they replied in Chinese, wonder if they read anything!

Can't even purchase another version cause the battle.net account only allows one D3 serial.

Can an official respond to this issue?!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I received an actual human answer on my ticket. I don't want to C&P a customer services guy, but here was the gist of it:

1. Sorry for the delay, we're swamped with issues with this launch.

2. The Korean version (and I suppose other ones) are different versions at different price points (though I paid pretty much the same as a US player would). A conversion to English is "unable to be done through support or the online store at this time."

3. He recommended I try to install the US client, but was pretty sure it wouldn't work (which of course we all have)

4. He then recommended that I return the game to the store, saying that the stores are "able to issue refunds on our behalf." But i have NEVER heard of a store refunding an opened version. If any of you have any success with this, please tell me.

5. And then once that is done, try to get a US friend to buy a US version for me.

So essentially, at this point, we're out of luck. All we can do is keep making noise and hope Blizzard eventually realizes that they need to fix this.
Reply Quote
After paying almost $100 for a digital key for this game, THEN downloading the 2.55 gig file for English, I am greatly disappointed to find out about error 84.

Seeing this game being handled this way just makes me feel right f'd up. If you buy the American version, you can switch servers to Asia. Then you can't use the real money auction house, unfortunately.

I'm not sure if I'd ever use that, but the fact that blizzard has gone ahead and fragmented the experience across markets just hurts the buyers.

I was looking forward to a good gaming experience, but instead I was reminded of how absolutely out of touch some game companies are with the people who play their games.

Back to minecraft, thanks for that Blizzard.

-Caid.

P.S. Forgot to mention that I am an expat living in China. Blizzard, if you're worried about losing money by having people buy the cheaper Asian version and just using it on foreign servers in English, why not give us the option to lock the server instead of the language? That way you won't have a bunch of people in America buying the game in a cheaper country and changing the language and server to play it with their friends (which is the supposed reason for locking the language for Asian copies).
Edited by Caidicus#3723 on 5/28/2012 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
TW support are not helpful at all. They told me to change the language back to Chinese to play the game...hello?! that is the problem, I need the interface in English.

Plus TW support does not reply support tickets in English.

I'm requesting a refund.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
TW support are not helpful at all. They told me to change the language back to Chinese to play the game...hello?! that is the problem, I need the interface in English.

Plus TW support does not reply support tickets in English.

I'm requesting a refund.

I might have the same issue. I was told to make a ticket, but I might be limited to Korean.

I'm holding off for a month or so before that in the vain hope that Blizz comes to their senses and realizes that this is a useless policy that just makes good customers mad. Limit us to the Korean servers fine, but what does limiting the language do?

Even if they argue this is a "different version" and it was cheaper (it wasn't), then at least let us pay $5 or $10 to "upgrade".

As it is, Blizzard has for all intents and purposes taken our money for a worthless product when they were the ones who failed to inform people that it would be one language only.
Reply Quote
It's been half a month.
Is there any chance left now? Does Blizzard even begin to notice this problem?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]