Diablo® III

Error 84 & Error 12

100 Human Warlock
It's been half a month.
Is there any chance left now? Does Blizzard even begin to notice this problem?

I received a nice response from the one Customer Service rep, though it seems all his advice was useless. The last thing he suggested was trying to get a refund... but apparently, Blizzard has refused to issue refunds in South Korea even for the server mess (which has them in trouble with the SK government).

Basically, the last guy I talked to after I managed to talk him out of the form letters said basically all we could do is keep expressing ourselves on here. There was some vague notion that this situation was because of local laws, but that's nonsense since there's plenty of English games in South Korea.

Blizzard: Let us play the game we paid for! Don't punish the expats! Remove Error 84!
Reply Quote
I also agree with abolishing error 84, it is not even an error, it is a restriction. What a close-minded way looking at the world. Blizzard what is wrong you.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I agree. This is a big issue. The service rep. didn't even help me with the problem. He just stated that the problem cannot be fixed.
Reply Quote
Goodness me, are we all being ignored?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
06/04/2012 07:09 PMPosted by DarkMist
Goodness me, are we all being ignored?

Unfortunately, in all probability, yes.

We need to keep pressing this, including communicating that:

* The box had no indication of the language lock (I only learned it after trying to enter the license, at which point I had obviously already opened the game, making it unreturnable.)

* All suggestions given by tickets responses to this issue have been unworkable (store won't take back opened software, battle.net in our local countries won't speak our language and that account won't be connected to our US account anyway).

* That having us pay for a game, and then having us be unable to play the game, and refusing to either fix the issue or return our money quite arguably constitutes fraud.

Blizzard, please address this. I'd even be willing to pay $10 to "expand the license" if you want to stand by the untrue story that supposedly we paid less for our "limited version".

Fixing this is as simple as changing an option on the server software.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151715654?page=1

join us lol it seems that all region locked people have different error codes.
Error 81 - The client does not match the account's native language. Please use the game's original client. (Error 81) ERROR_LOCALE_RESTRICTED_LA
Error 82 - The client does not match the account's native language. Please use the game's original client. (Error 82) ERROR_LOCALE_RESTRICTED_RU
Error 83 - The client does not match the account's native language. Please use the game's original client. (Error 83) ERROR_LOCALE_RESTRICTED_KO
Error 84 - The client does not match the account's native language. Please use the game's original client. (Error 84) ERROR_LOCALE_RESTRICTED_TW
Error 85 - Your Battle.net account is not able to access the service using the currently selected locale.
Reply Quote
Release of a restricted version was never expected,
I was able to play a 'KOREAN run' BETA of diablo 3 in english with no problem and that was a week before the release. so who would just assume there are language locked versions
Reply Quote
this is really ridiculous. I'm really disappointed with blizzard. I also talked to a few reps and all they said were asking me to download english client. It seems that they even don't know what the problem is. And finally, the last guy who I talked to understood the language restriction by the region of user's account and he said I have to prove that I am either canadian or american to play d3 in english. wtf?
I seriously hate how they treat their customers.
Reply Quote
why always has to be a problem? every time, just something... we can´t play like we would like to, just relaxed and PROBLEMLESS now the language is a problem? oh my god blizzard... GL in keeping your costumers
Reply Quote
My 2nd day with the game and now I can't play it in English.
My first Blizzard game and so far I've been hugely disappointed.
Reply Quote
I was playing it in English yesterday. I log on today, and it gives me error 82. So I download diablo again from battlenet and the only option is gives me NOW is Russian.

Please don't do this. You have no idea how it sucks playing in Russian. It literally ruins the game. I'm not gonna get into details but... I remember when they made WoW Russian. The Russians themselves were either laughing their asses off at or raging over the translations.

EDIT: This is most likely because of price differences. Also, I find myself only on Russian channels. Great, now I can't play with my western friends. Thanks, Blizzard!
Edited by Norro#2623 on 6/7/2012 11:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've already resolved my problem...I pre-ordered Diablo 3 in Taiwan before launch and it was in Traditional Chinese only...which I didnt know. After trying to resolve this with blizzard support repeatedly and them being absolutely useless, I called customer support in Taiwan and asked for a refund. Be prepared to wait at least 3 weeks for your refund to be processed, and be prepared to wait on the phone like for at least 10 minutes for your turn. Eventually I got my credits refunded and purchased the all language version of Diablo 3. Good luck.
Reply Quote
Steps to make it easier for you guys:

1. Call customer support and ask for a refund (be prepared to answer some security questions)
2. They will send you a form for you to fill out.
3. Fill out form and fax it in to them
4. Call customer support to confirm they received the form
5. Wait until they process and give you your credits back (they will email you to confirm)
6. Repurchase the full language version of Diablo 3
7. !@#$% and moan about how inefficient Blizzard is for this game and play.
Reply Quote
That is the problem, they won't refund us
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551560816

alot has been said abou the language issues pls find more about it in the above link :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard!!! DAMN IT JUST GET RID OF THE LANGUAGE LOCK!!
Reply Quote
If your from Brazil have a read of this.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551560816

some say they got their accounts UPGRADED for free to the full one.
Edited by BluVioLeT#1337 on 6/27/2012 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone? Is the Error 84 solve?
Reply Quote
I am from Hong Kong, too. When playing starcraft, warcraft never have such problem in switching regions. Please kindly fix the Error 84 for us.
Reply Quote
目前亞洲伺服器更新版本為1.0.2.9858,與亞洲伺服器更新連結(何謂更新連結?)的繁體中文(zhTW)安裝程式將會自動將遊戲同步更新到最新版本,而典藏版的enUS安裝程式則會隨著美洲伺服器更新,目前美洲伺服器版本為1.0.2.9749。這表示,目前使用zhTW安裝程式的玩家目前可進入亞服,但須待美洲伺服器更新過後才可進入美服;使用enUS安裝程式的玩家則是目前可以進入美服,但須待美洲伺服器更新之後才可進入亞服。
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]