Diablo® III

Gun Talk... .45 ?

Anyone got a recommendation on a .45 caliber handgun? Looking for something nice...been looking at Sigs..S&W...Springfield etc.
Reply Quote
guns are bad
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
The Kimber Raptor II is a fine piece of hardware. It's 100% steel, has novak sites so it doesn't get caught when clearing leather. 4" commander size barrel and shoots like a dream. The recoil on it is negligible and easy to use, though I've been practicing with 1911 45s since I was around 10 years old but I doubt the average person would have much problem.

Aluminum frames work alright but I've seen a few jimmied up in my days, especially with the safety rod, why I prefer steel.

S&W, Sig, Ruger and Springfields are all built relatively well though. I don't like Colt as I've had one come apart on me, but every brand has their bad apples every once in awhile.

I was just looking at a Kimber Ultra Carry II w/ crimson trace.. looks nice. I have a sig p250 380 acp and a S&w 40 right now...Just looking for something new, flashier, and fun to shoot at the range..or at snowmen..take your pick.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Colt .45 and two zig zags, baby that's all we need. We can roll through the park after dark and smoke that tumbleweed. As the....

Hah... you know the song.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Kronos
The Kimber Raptor II is a fine piece of hardware. It's 100% steel, has novak sites so it doesn't get caught when clearing leather. 4" commander size barrel and shoots like a dream. The recoil on it is negligible and easy to use, though I've been practicing with 1911 45s since I was around 10 years old but I doubt the average person would have much problem.

I couldn't agree more.

Kimber makes an amazing firearm, I'd recommend nearly any pistol in there line. They are a quality manufacturer through and through.
Reply Quote
springfield loaded 1911... awesome weapon
Reply Quote
M1911. Reliable as death and taxes. Stopping fools like brick walls stop cars.

Sounds good to me.
Edited by Christoefer#1979 on 5/14/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Here in AK I carry an 870 and Sig P226 in .40SW.

.45 is a great calibre but meh.

Also, Kimbers are over priced. Fine piece of hardware for sure, but you can get the same kind of piece for much cheaper.
Reply Quote
I have a Colt Mark IV Gold Cup National Match, and a Paraordnance P14-45 Limited.

I love them both but I like the Para more.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Hauntmachine
guns are bad

This makes me want more guns.

Right now my personal favorite .45 ACP is actually a Smith and Wesson 325.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757773_-1_757767_757751_image
Reply Quote
If money isn't an issue: Colt 1911.

Other than that I would look at HK or SIG. Kimber as stated above is also good stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Here in AK I carry an 870 and Sig P226 in .40SW.

.45 is a great calibre but meh.

Also, Kimbers are over priced. Fine piece of hardware for sure, but you can get the same kind of piece for much cheaper.

This
Edited by Ch1no#1191 on 5/14/2012 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
people that like 1911 have small hands
you know what they say about guys with small hands

They use less hand soap and buy smaller gloves?
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Chinø
P226

In .45 ACP? Try the P220. I have a P220ST, one of the old school ones with the German made frame. Classic. Love that thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]