Diablo® III

Gun Talk... .45 ?

A Glock 19 in 9mm.

.45 ACP set on stun?

Have you ever looked at an expanded 9mm jhp and an expanded .45ACP jhp bullet side by side? the difference is negligible.
Reply Quote
i got a rossi .357 mag 6 inch barrel stainless steel for 375$ cheap gun but have put about 100+ rounds through it no jamming i enjoy it! when some money comes around wouldnt mind getting a better quality pistol my buddies S&W .40 cal is nice was thinking about that as well
Reply Quote
USP .45 or Colt 1911 get my vote.
Reply Quote

Ill put it to you like this. We have the right to own firearms in America . If you don't like it then move somewhere else. You cant change this.

That's not entirely accurate.

Amendment II »

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Reply Quote
Anyone got a recommendation on a .45 caliber handgun? Looking for something nice...been looking at Sigs..S&W...Springfield etc.

A Glock 19 in 9mm.

Although 4+5 does equal 9, it just isn't the same result. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

.45 ACP set on stun?

Have you ever looked at an expanded 9mm jhp and an expanded .45ACP jhp bullet side by side? the difference is negligible.

I'm just messing with ya. I'm preferential to .45 it's true, but 9mm will likely put down anyone you need it to. Still, I'd go for .40 S&W over 9mm. Too bad its big brother, 10mm has never really taken off.
Reply Quote

That's not entirely accurate.

Amendment II »

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Oh i won't deny the rights exists. Hell, it's a right. Every human on the planet has that right. But that doesn't mean all governments respect that right.
Reply Quote
if you want somethin cosmetic (aggressively) as well as functional take a legitimate look at the fnp .45 tactical or the hk usp .45's...if u want something a little more well, pretty to look at as well as functional go for a 1911...just my two cents
Edited by Tuemorto#1501 on 5/14/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm just messing with ya. I'm preferential to .45 it's true, but 9mm will likely put down anyone you need it to. Still, I'd go for .40 S&W over 9mm. Too bad its big brother, 10mm has never really taken off.

It's all moot anyway, there are only three things that count in the end and that's shot placement, shot placement, and shot placement.

10mm is a sweet round.
Reply Quote

Amendment II »

Oh i won't deny the rights exists. Hell, it's a right. Every human on the planet has that right. But that doesn't mean all governments respect that right.

You have a point
Reply Quote
I like my HK45, but .45 caliber rounds are too damn expensive. Would like to get a 9 mil sometimes just for target shootin.
Reply Quote
It's all moot anyway, there are only three things that count in the end and that's shot placement, shot placement, and shot placement.

10mm is a sweet round.

...until you try to conceal something that fires it in warm weather.
Reply Quote
I'm with slickkicker, I <3 my XDm .45, I use it as my duty pistol and home defense. Fits like a glove and shoots like a dream.

Plus the XDm holds twice as my rounds as a 1911.
Reply Quote

10mm is a sweet round.

Huh?
Reply Quote
NoseNuggets

10mm is a sweet round.

Huh?

10mm is a longer case, hence hand gun that fires it will tend to be longer, and any hand gun that takes a double stack magazine in 10mm will tend to be thicker- ergo weapons that fire 10mm are necessarily bigger than 9mm and usually even .45.
Reply Quote
The XD is probably my least favorite gun of my collection and the XDm is probably my most favorite in my collection. The (m) matters. If the XDm is illegal to purchase in your state than go with a traditional 1911 or be like me and do a Private Party Transfer :)
Reply Quote
I have Rock Island Armory (RIA) M1911A1 that I paid 350 bucks for about 8 years ago. Hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it, and never a feed problem or jam (I have only shot 230 gr ball ammo though). Screw those thousand dollar 1911s. If you need a smaller custom built 45, or a race gun, go for one of the high buck named brands. But if you want a solid personal defense 1911A1 w/o frills, go for a RIA and customize the gun over time.

(edited for frivolous reasons)

For a "low end" 1911 you can't beat an RIA. Get the tactical for the improved sights and beavertail. Especially get this if you're not sure a 1911 is the right gun for you.

Just don't cheap out on the magazines.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]