Diablo® III

Below min specs error, failure to download...

When the launcher starts (as well as every-time I minimize it after it's already launched), I get a "Below Minimum Specs: Diablo III requires a newer operating system to run" error popup... despite having Vista 64bit (fully updated btw).

The download bar is also stuck at 0% with it saying "Installing" perpetually.

Specs (note: my OS and literally every single driver is fully updated as of yesterday when I did mass updating):

Windows Vista 64-bit
Geforce 9800 GT
AMD Phenom II x2 (dual core) 3.1ghz per core
4gb DDR3 Ram

Not the greatest gaming rig but perfectly good enough for D3 according to the min/recommended specs.

As well, firewall and antiviral exceptions have been made, I'm running the launcher in admin mode, and I've tried compatibility modes, among other things.

Given the above, I assume this is a problem with the downloader and not my PC, but I haven't seen any official word on this issue so who knows. Am I wrong? Anyone have any idea?
Reply Quote
Update: Apparently secondary logon was disabled (why I don't know). Enabling it appears to have solved all my problems.

For others in a similar boat as myself: Open "Services" and look for "Secondary Logon." Make sure it's not set to "disabled." If it is, change it to "Enabled."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
where is this SERVICES located?
Reply Quote
You can find services by 1 of 2 ways
1: go to the start menu - run and type "services.msc" without the " of course
2: go to start menu - control panel, then select Administrative tools - Services
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
From one of the stickies:

To check, open Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services (or Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services) and scroll down to the Secondary Logon service. Right click it and select properties. Make sure the Startup Type is NOT set to Disabled. Any other setting should be ok, although we've seen a couple reports of a user needing to use "automatic."

Be advised that some security programs, such as AVG, may be switching this service off by default.

This service being disabled may also cause the system to appear to hang during the "Updating Setup Files" portion when run
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]