Diablo® III

Grey Screen

When I try to launch Diablo 3 all I get is a grey screen, and when I ctrl+alt+del I see an application called "error". This also happened when I tried to run the beta on the free weekend. What might be the problem here?
Reply Quote
I have the same trouble right here. GForce 7200GS (on supported devices info, it's shown as a "slow" card, but compatible at least)

:(
Reply Quote
i am also having this issue. i have a fairly old toshiba satellite (probably 6 or so years old) but the graphics card i have which is the GeForce Go 7300 is not registered as a "not compatible" card. i only have a 2gb processor, but wont that only affect the speed at which the game runs?
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Hunter
Having the same problem. My laptop is a standard Vista home basic and yet the box lists the game as being playable on in and even XP. What kind of crap is this?
Reply Quote
I have XP with NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS 512MB and get the same issue. My computer can play any other game without issue. What is the deal? Did I just waste $60? Am I being forced to drop a couple hundred dollars for a new video card? This is a total let down!
Reply Quote
Well, discovered my vidoe card is on the Not Supported List:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list

I did find a work around but game play is horrible...lags alot. Looks like I'm going to have to invest in geting a new video card. Here's the trick:

Verify game is not running.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it. (There are other places it could be. For example, C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Diablo III ... just use Windows search to find d3prefs.txt )

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.

Start game.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well, discovered my vidoe card is on the Not Supported List:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-unsupported-video-card-list

I did find a work around but game play is horrible...lags alot. Looks like I'm going to have to invest in geting a new video card. Here's the trick:

Verify game is not running.

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it. (There are other places it could be. For example, C:\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Diablo III ... just use Windows search to find d3prefs.txt )

Change:

Start game.

Got the grey screen as well, your solution worked for me. gameplay isnt optimal but playable. gonna have to buy a new graphics card, happy hunting!!
Reply Quote
Change:

Start game.

This does work, and the gameplay isn't too bad. A lot like D2 on Battlenet. So much better than on my laptop. My desktop is still running XP, and after updating my Nvidia driver, not porblems.
Reply Quote
thanks that woked for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]