Diablo® III

Slow download speeds MAC users

any idea for any fix on this? I have searched and searched
Reply Quote
If you get to the network settings you can disable "Auto Proxy Discovery" and I was told that is the same solution to the PC users unchecking the"Automatically detect settings" box. Mine was already unchecked so I checked it and no change in download speed then unchecked and still no change in download speed.
You can try that, but I was expecting mine to jump to about 1.5Mbps, because that's near my max dl speed, but it stayed at it's little 150kbps.
If there is a solution I'd like to know. I don't know how to open ports on this mac, but I hear that's a solution if you open ports 6881-6999 if they aren't already. My port count is a little low for the Diablo 3 downloader, but I don't know what to do.
Reply Quote
You can also close all other processes that you aren't using. Follow this link and it'll tell you how http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications

And you can experiment with checking or unchecking the P2P box, which might help a little. I started from about 80kbps, but after doing this it went up to about 150kbps, which is a little better, but not in the mbps some other users had been saying. It's hovering around 160kbps right now though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)