Diablo® III

Stuck at 0%

I use the installation disc and the game says installing and just stays at 0% I also tried the DL client from Battlenet and it stays at 0% also, any help here? NOTE: Im running windows vista if that helps at all
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
05/15/2012 02:34 AMPosted by ScottieSlice
NOTE: Im running windows vista if that helps at all

Found your problem.
Reply Quote
View profile
Right-click the installer and run as administrator.
Reply Quote
There is nothing for me to right click. When i put the disk in it just says run and then goes to the screen that says install.
Reply Quote
Continue to Local C drive. ProgramData/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.952 and set that to RUN AS ADMIN. Make sure your Diablo Installer is also set to run as admin. You dont need to set the compatibility for running as a specific Service pack.. only do Run as admin.

This is for Vista..
For Windows 7.. go to C:\Documents and Programs/applications/battle.net/agents/agent

(Not sure if this is correct but find that Agent program and run as admin!!!!)
Make sure the Agent application and Diablo 3 Launcher/installer are both set to RUN AS ADMIN
Reply Quote
I only see an Agent. 524 and 954, No 952
Reply Quote
Have you made sure you have the latest service pack? Mine wouldn't install on vista coz it needed updates
Reply Quote
Where would i go for the latest service pack?
Reply Quote
Same problem =(
Reply Quote
Give up.

I've been trying for 5 hours to get this running under vista sp2.
Have tried everything in this forum and then some.

I'm going to bed. You should too.
Reply Quote
Im considering sleep, but that just means ill delay the problem till i wake up. Id rather get it taken care of now and then sleep lol
Reply Quote
Any other help?????? anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Dont bother most of us have been trying to deal with this issue for hours there are no solutions wait for Blizzard to get off their !@# and fix it
Reply Quote
I think i might cry
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
if you have troubles with Diablo 3 setup being stuck at 0%, deleting any diablo folder in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Setup may help.
Reply Quote
My OS is server 2003 enterprise which is the same as XP x 86/ XP 32 bit.

First fix, if you are stuck on updating then you need to go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data and delete the battle.net forlder.

Once you get past that then you can install the game. Unfortunately, for XP users you may get stuck on 0 percent install and the game will not install.

To fix this I had to take an unconventional method but it worked for me. I basically had a laptop with windows 7 on it. I installed d3 there and then I took the C:\Programs\Diablo III folder and copied it to a portable hardrive. I then transferred the folder onto my server's c: drive into the programs folder and ran it.

I know this is not the greatest fix but it works perfectly. To blizzard coders. Why do we need to introduce coding which blocks people from installing on a legitimate OS. This code is extremely annoying as its only purpose is to prevent installation. If it installs and works then good. If it installs and does not work then darn. Please at the very least, let it install.

Here is my thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051955482?page=1#0
Reply Quote
Ive deleted everything and started fresh and still gets stuck at 0% Ive ran as administrator also and nothing
Reply Quote
Try Fix 4, Worked for me,

http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/12/diablo-3-stuck-updating-setup-files-fix/
Reply Quote
dont worry, even if u get the installl running...
you cant play because the servers are Down.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I'm having the exact some problem with a Windows Vista. Have tried just about everything and it just stays at 0%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]