Diablo® III

Asus Laptop running Diablo 3 slow?

I'm letting my friend use my Asus laptop for Diablo 3 and for some reason the game seems to lag quite a bit whenever there is action on the screen. Here are the specs and what I've checked:

Laptop: Asus Notebook G72GX
connection: Comcast Cable (secure and working)
Rating on Laptop: 5.9
Processor - intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.53 ghz
installed memory: 6GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit OS
HD - 360 GB Free
Video - Nvidia geforce gtx 260m

I have disabled Norton Virus and any other programs that seem to lag it down, but no luck. I have played Starcraft 2 and WoW on here and it seems fine with those two games. I defragged the computer and checked the power options and have it at balanced. >_< Just not sure if maybe this laptop is too weak to run D3 smoothly.

Any tips would be appreciated!
(Note: I have checked my video drivers and they are all updated, also this issue has happened even in the beta, and I tried the game right after on my own personal gaming desktop, so I know it's the laptop not the software).
Reply Quote
I have a desktop with all requirements met and also a laptop that does not meet the requirements. The laptop has this same problem. So far what has worked is playing the game in windowed mode and then further decreasing the size. See if that helps, if not also try going to libraries/documents/diabloIII. open the text doc and change (DisableTrilinearFiltering "0") to (DisableTrilinearFiltering "1") Best of luck, it might look like crap but it'll probably speed up the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]