Diablo® III

Thoughts after normal clear

I hit 22 before I had to bail for work...

Here's a breakdown of my favorite ability combos for every 5 levels:

Levels 1-5: Poison Dart, Grasp of the Dead, Zombie Dogs

Levels 6-10: Poison Dart (1st Rune), Firebats, Grasp of the Dead (1st Rune)

Levels 11-15: Poison Dart (1st Rune), Firebats (1st Rune), Grasp of the Dead (1st Rune), Horrify (1st Rune), Haunt/Soul Harvest (1st Rune)

Levels 15-20: Poison Dart (1st Rune), Firebats (1st Rune), Grasp of the Dead (1st Rune), Horrify (1st Rune), Spirit Barage, Gargantuan

Levels 20-??: Using same as lvl 20, runing as they become available :)

For passives I use Jungle Fortitude and Spiritual Attunement (in that order).

Also, I use the Templar as support with heal, intimidate, and charge. Guardian will be used when unlocked. PS - Charge is awesome.
Edited by Derpes#1975 on 5/15/2012 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
I'm in act 3 and right now I'm like the improved slow on the grasp combined with the bigger aoe acid cloud.

The 80% slow is basically a root letting you just kite and spam acid cloud on them. The gargatuan just does his thing, I'll probably get the poison aura on him.

The firebomb is nice to spam alongside Acid Cloud on hordes of mobs, and switching to poison darts is probably the best for single target (bosses).

Does the bad medicine talent work on bosses?

Even if it doesn't, Acid Cloud + Bad Medicine + Grasp that spawns health orbs seems like a super strong combo for inferno.
Reply Quote
The dogs are awesome for bosses and elites -- They run in and I sacrifice them and resummon and do it again -- elites at level 16 are dropping like flies. Are the dogs supposed to do something else? haha

Lutheren
Reply Quote
Currently lvl 15

I am actually finding Spiders +1st to be the best. Darts are good but Spiders are alot better at CC. Also you can have like 12-16 spiders hitting 1 enemy and thats ALOT more DPS then darts.

Also the other thing that i noticed was that the WD is High Risk \ High reward. I am using an Off hand and a little bit lower armor for things like Damage and Intelligence and WOW do I kill things faster.

The way you have to play WD is 1/2 Necro and 1/2 Sorc.

And yes Dogs are only good so you dont take damage but either they need to increase their HP or decrease the Cooldown.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I, too, have yet to venture away from splinter poison dart. It just gives a terrible feeling not being able to do anything when you expend all your mana doing anything else (and for all the mana expended, the damage doesn't really feel satisfying).

I've not come to any conclusions about any of the other abilities just yet, however, because I have a feeling some of the later runes may prove more useful than the earlier ones earned throughout act 1 and 2.
Reply Quote
47 level WD last act nightmare here, realy disappointed that i picked WD instead of sorceress, damage is realy awful from darts on higher level. and overall WDs aoe is bad compared to DHs or sorceress.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ive been going roughly in and using the Drain attack which increases your INT based on how many mobs you hit with it? Ususally ill train up about 5 mobs or as much as come in a pack, utilitze this skill, then just spam firebat. It generally mows down flocks of mobs. Letting your Golem/Dogs harrass to keep the enemy off you so you can keep those stacks up. Just remember you cant use it only hitting one mob, the skill must affect up to 3-5 units for this to really be effective. And this is in all MF gear, maybe 1-2 int pieces.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Câptivate
Ive been going roughly in and using the Drain attack which increases your INT based on how many mobs you hit with it? Ususally ill train up about 5 mobs or as much as come in a pack, utilitze this skill, then just spam firebat. It generally mows down flocks of mobs. Letting your Golem/Dogs harrass to keep the enemy off you so you can keep those stacks up. Just remember you cant use it only hitting one mob, the skill must affect up to 3-5 units for this to really be effective. And this is in all MF gear, maybe 1-2 int pieces.

Harvest is really useful on non-threatening packs of trash mobs... it's also really useful on bossfights that spawn additional npc's.

That said, it's def risky and not something I'll use often on my HC WD; requires you to be within 1-shot range to use. And I'm a squish.
Reply Quote
My build has been blowing up A3, but I also think I have quite alot of DPS for my level (lvl 28, been lucky on drops, ~280dps without soul harvest)

Soul harvest x5 stacks -> [Acid Rain] runed Acid Cloud basically one-shots everything in A3. Firebats with [Direbats] or Darts with the mana return (because i'm using Pierce the Veil and can only do about 3-4 acid clouds lol) in order to clean the leftovers.

Did act3 in about 1-1.5hrs....near the last boss but servers are down :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Soul Harvest Seems to be the best way to reign in DPS. Again, You need not worry about aggression towards yourself if you utilize your pets properly. I am 21, so Im not sure I have acid rain just yet? I dinged, relogged and got the server down message error so. But Ill have to agree with Endaley Here in their post above. I kind of feel I rolled the wrong class to an extent, I dont look forward to high difficulty levels with this class, but again, thats not a fair judgement untill Normal Completion and most if not all base skills are aquired.
Reply Quote
I did the same thing for the whole clear, I runed dart for splinter and just used grasp of the dead runed for more damage as my primary AOE. Ran with dogs/garg mass confusion and soul harvest runed for the heal.

It worked really well, but felt ridiculously easy (although I know it is still only normal). I think I died like 2-3 times throughout the entire play through and barely ever used mana except for switching to haunt runed for the heal on Diablo.
Reply Quote
I'm sad for you guys that already cleared the game... no way that is an enjoyable way to play.. just rushing through things for the sake of getting it done quickly as possible.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Lucius
I'm sad for you guys that already cleared the game... no way that is an enjoyable way to play.. just rushing through things for the sake of getting it done quickly as possible.

I had fun...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am currently level 24 and have been breezing through so far. I was at Beliel before I was DC'ed. This is the build I am currently using:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hZdXYT!Zd!.aZaaa

Typical fight my follower/pets run in, I grasp the mobs, run in soul harvest, and then Firebomb everything to death. I have Horrify as a back up if I need it, but normally do not. My dogs rarely ever die, but if they do my summon is always ready. This is very strong for AoE and does well for single target as well.

Anyone that has defeated Beliel have any tips/suggestions?

Thanks in advance and happy hunting!
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
Locust Swarm with Pestilence Rune and Acid Cloud with the Acid Rain rune are amazing at clearing a huge amount of mobs. Toads, spiders, and cask didn't come anywhere close to clearing out rooms as fast as those. Soul Harvest gives way too much damage in the form of int.
Reply Quote
Before I decided to get sleep I was at lvl 15 in Hardcore.

Poison Darts + Splinter has been my mainstay. I find the dogs to be great (I'm seeing a lot of complaints in here). Elites and Bosses will definitely eat them up, but I can just resummon. They are definitely a defensive skill, not an offensive skill (though they chew through non-elites fast enough to keep my kill chains going).

The DPS increase from a successful soul harvest is insane! But it's hard to use (especially in HC). The dog explosion is fun, but the reset on dogs is so high that I can't be bothered to sacrifice two skill slots (dogs + explosion) for this ability. Spiders are ok, but there is a noticeable delay in how long it takes from when you throw the jar and when your spiders start to do damage. The damage on frogs is insane, but they are so slow and hard to aim that using them can be a bit risky and frustrating. Firebats is great, and I use them for boss fights.

Overall, they do seem to fall behind in DPS to the other classes unless you can keep your spirit harvest up constantly (which is way too dangerous in HC). But in terms of survivability and strategy they were great. I found that they really played well with other players around. When I was running through the game with Wizard and DH, nothing could even get close to us. I'm happy to find they are very viable in HC.
Edited by Hept#1221 on 5/15/2012 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]