Diablo® III

Blizzard Incompetence

14 Goblin Shaman
The whole idea behind the digital copy/Annual pass is that you would be read to go at launch.

Well, like so many others, I have had one issue after another, tried half a dozen fixes (none of them worked) and have finally resigned myself to having re-install the entire game but am under no illusions that when that is finally complete that the game will run at all.

What a complete fool I have been. Purchased the "Annual Pass". Haven't played the game in over four months, have no intention of ever playing it again, but as huge Diablo fan, I had hoped the game would at least run.

To think that Blizzard/Activision use to be known for their "Quality" products. Obviously, none of this was tested at all.

Well, they will not get a single dime more at me. Not a single time. I have told them to cancel my "annual pass" have instructed my credit card not accept anymore charges from them and to take their "Digital License' and they know what they can do with it.
Reply Quote
14 Goblin Shaman
Isolated where ? You living under some sort of rock ?
Reply Quote
View profile
05/15/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Azzmes
Isolated where ? You living under some sort of rock ?

Mine's working just fine.
Isolated incidents.
But what is the error you're currently getting?
Can't troubleshoot without an idea of the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Not isolated. A lot of people are having problems with the installer. Scroll through the forums and check for yourself.

Why is it whenever someone complains on the forums about a problem, apologists - who shouldn't even have a horse in this race if things are working fine for them, crawl out of the woodwork to respond? I wish blues would respond that fast with a helpful solution to the problem. I might even be playing the game I agreed to the AP for right now. Instead I'm searching the forums for a hot fix.
Reply Quote
14 Goblin Shaman
They apologize for it because they are not in business. If I ran my business in the same way, I would be in Chapter 11 within a month.

For some odd reason gaming software companies are given a free pass with a sort " Oh, well you know its new game, so you can expect problems "

To me this unacceptable. How many products would you buy that you were knew were defective but with the proviso that "Oh well, the bugs will get ironed out eventually".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
By the way, I found the tips in this thread to be helpful and I recommend you check it out. Worked for me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007220753?page=1#9

Oh and if you've ever actually worked as a tester for any of these companies, you would see first hand the "ship-it" mentality when a game simply must be released and start making a return on the company's investment. QA can keep finding game breaking bugs but the release date must be met and the devs KNOW they can simply patch it later and that most customers are resigned to this as just being the way things are done.

People should be sick of it.
Edited by Anomonous#1882 on 5/15/2012 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
8 Draenei Priest
When I agreed to that annual pass did it not say I would get D3 free? Or was that written to confuse me ? Either way I cant access the stupid thing and Im pretty sure April 1 has passed already.Help?
Reply Quote
54 Blood Elf Hunter
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926754428?page=1

this worked for me. i went to bed around 12am because nothing was working, tried every frickin solution i could think of/read about, and this one did the trick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]