Diablo® III

Belial, Stuck badly

85 Draenei Death Knight
Has anyone made it past him and have any suggestions? I can make it to his second phase easily but after he transforms I can barely get him down a 1/4
Reply Quote
same here... WTF!!!
Reply Quote
its just stuck... cant attack or anything
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Nm.. if someone else reads this looking for help. Level 24 min, run around alot
Reply Quote
its duriel all over again.
i can dodge his extremely obvious void zones.
just move during the entire platform explosion phase.
he just somehow always manages to 1 shot me that 1 random time he actually hits me.
Reply Quote
I've solo'd everything up to Belial as a DH.

But for belial i wiped so many times, ended up joining public groups and after 3 groups managed to get it.
Reply Quote
It's really not all that difficult on normal once you realise what to look for, you do need good DPS though. Basically you want to all out DPS him until he begins to mass AOE the area, then you want to dodge. You will want poppable defensive CD's like resist pain etc and a movement skill to quickly avoid damage. After that go back to DPSing. Rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote
I'm stuck on him too, I get 1 hit every time /cry
Reply Quote
If he's 1shotting you...somethings wrong. Stop going pure dps and get some vitality on yoru gear lol. I was able to solo him easy and took like 5 green explosions before having to pot
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The closest I got him down to by myself (Barbarian, Lvl25 ~130 DPS) was under 5%. The fight honestly can be difficult for a melee class. Once I joined a group it was a 1 shot, but I died at least 15 times trying to get him down. Can't imagine what this will be like on other difficulties lol
Reply Quote
Try concentrating on vit gears. My fren's barb got totally obliterated by him... he was stacking str gear.
Survival > dmg sometimes... dont just think abt ur atk. think abt def too!
Reply Quote
Can't stay out of the green when he stikcs his arms in the ground and it's exploding all around you. I manage to figure out to follow the explosions around after they pop but it only takes a single explosions to one shot me. and no, I'm not building pure DPS, I have vit stacked. Running 204 int, 163 vit, and using Blur and Diamond skin as a wizard and just getting completely oneshotted.
Reply Quote
My Brother and me took him on. My Brother died and I killed him alone... Yes you can defeat him.
Reply Quote
level 25 DH, I soloed him with a templar companion with healing spells.
Reply Quote
As a Wizard, Diamond skin is your best friend during this fight, just in case you get hit. I died twice and then added Diamond Skin to my skills and rolled through it.
Reply Quote
^exactly what i iid too died a couple times before i realized wtf i was doing wrong.
Reply Quote
I beat him the first time in a group of two monks and a DH. The DH died, but neither of the monks did (including myself).

I found a sweet spot in the top right of his chamber, where health orbs regenerated and (mostly) avoided his AOE damage.

But yeah, find a monk or two and you'll beat him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just took him down - was getting frustrated by ~10% wipes, so I looked up this thread, but then I said 'screw it, one more try before I change anything' and got him.

24 wizard, solo, Glass Cannon/Astral Presence build, straight DPS gear (199 Int/86 Vitality), Templar companion, Frost Nova/Wave of Force/Storm Armor/Magic Missile/Ray of Frost with Electrocute for adds. 3 Greater Health pots and a lot of dodging.
Edited by Kael#1358 on 5/16/2012 3:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Troll Warlock
Is anyone else having an issue with his breath attack bugging out so that he's constantly doing it? I'm not even really sure if it's still damaging me, but it makes it really hard to see where and when to dodge the void areas with a big green beam covering them nonstop. I've been having a lot of lag, maybe that's it? I am having trouble getting out of the way of the green on time, but i don't think the lag is so bad that it would look like he's constantly breath attacking, so I think it's bugged or something. This happens every time I try.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]