Diablo® III

Red Dots all over screen.

I'm receiving red dots all over my screen in black areas. I have adjusted all of my in game video settings to low but the problem still occurs. Also, I haven't had an issue with lag.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz 2.13GHz
NVIDA GeForce 9800 GT
4GB ram

Suggestions?

Thank you
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Having the same issue, updated my ATI Radeon HD 5870 Graphics Card (even though it was up to date) didn't help. Tried all the resolutions too.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Problem fixed

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078908434

Worked for me perfect.
Reply Quote
I just have to announce that I have found a solution to this problem post 2015. It started happening maybe a week ago, but I powered through its annoyance anyway and kept on playing.
Note: Red dots only occurred on sections of the title screen and then in maps that had a similar in appearance of tile set. One place for example: Defiled Crypts.
I think this might have sprung up due to the new patch? 2.1.2
[I have an acer aspire v3-571-6850]

How I fixed it:
1. Locate your 'D3Prefs' text file. This is usually in your Documents > Diablo III
2. Open file
3. Locate the text: ColorCorrection "1"
4. Change the 1 to 0
5. Problem solved [hopefully]. It fixed it for me. Not a single post any where else on the internet about this solution, so I thought I'd share on the first item that comes up on Google search about this issue. (Diablo 3 red dots)

Happy playing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]