Diablo® III

Need new computer to play D3, need help

Hi there folks. So, after waiting several hours to log-in and start - my comp won't run it! I kind of saw it coming, but was optimistic about it. I went to Cyberpower, and need some advice if this setup would allow me to run D3 100% graphics, max resolution, max detail, etc. If I'm going to buy a new PC, its gotta be awesome. Can also use this link:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1E606E

Case: Thermaltake Level 10GTS Mid Tower Gaming Case w/ EasySwap HDD bays, 2x Front USB 3.0 Ports, & Headset Holder (White Color)
Laser Engraving: None
Laser Engraving Message:
Freebies: None
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) - While Supply Last [+136]
Freebies: FREE! Mass Effect 3 Game
Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z77: None
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Freebies: FREE! Diablo III Game
Video Card 2: None
Video Card 3: None
Power Supply Upgrade: 500 Watts - Standard Case Power Supply
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
3D Vision Glasses: None
LCD Monitor: None
2nd Monitor: None
3rd Monitor: None
Speakers: 120 Watt Stereo Speakers [+10] (Black Color)
Network: Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Mouse Pad: None
Gaming Gear: None
Extra Thermal Display: None
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: 802.11b/g/n 300 Mbps Wireless Card + External 2.4G 5 Dbi Omni-Directional Wireless Antenna [+39]
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
Video Camera: None
Headset: None
Printer: None
Cable: None
Power Protection: None
IEEE1394 Card: None
Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USB Port: None
Operating System: None - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
Office Suite: None
Games: None
Ultra Care Option: None
Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Rush Service: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN 5 BUSINESS DAYS [+49]
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Ender
Headset Holder (White Color)

That's the problem - White headset holder. Kill it with fire and everything will be dandy.
Reply Quote
Yes that will play it. The game isn't gpu intensive. You should also try to avoid buying pre-made pcs and build your own if you have any tech knowledge whatsoever.
Reply Quote
I am able to build my own, and feel comfortable doing so. This is from CyberPower PC, so they have 'customized' ones you can buy, or premade I should say. The going rate for this baby is $1,097... seems like a lot. But, hey, the're supposed to lats right? In the past, I always skimp on the Graphics Video Card, and I want to make sure this baby will run it just fine.
Reply Quote
Wow, that case is awful...

That videocard is not going to run the game on high settings, probably only medium or lower.

Here is a list of both nVidia and ATI cards and how they perform on highest settings:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195-5.html

As for cyberpower...I have definitely heard more bad than good when it comes to their reliability and support.
Edited by Hostile#1562 on 5/15/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Buy a box computer from walmart, drop in a new power supply and a new video card from newegg and call it a day. $500 for a D3 capable tower.
Reply Quote
That's a waste of money and not even that high end of a machine.
Reply Quote
512MB videocard is not going to cut it. You should also get a faster primary HHD - either SSD or a WD Velociraptor in addition to that slow 1TB floppy.
Reply Quote
Actually a 512mb card can handle the game... There is FAR more to a GPU than it's MB, I can show you 512MB cards that are superior to 1GB cards. http://www.neeyik.info/3dspecs/3dspecs_dx11.html
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Fooby
1GB cards

Show me one that is superior to 3GB Radeon 7970:)
Reply Quote
the GTX 690?* Not sure what that has to do with the misinformation you gave...
Edited by Fooby#1992 on 5/15/2012 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have bought my past 2 computers from cyber power as I am not that tech savy and have had good computers that have held up easly 4 to 5 years and only updated them to run newer games. I have had good support though they are not always cheerful they at least get stuff done. in terms of price I haven't found anything better even buying the parts from newegg or other online stores would cost just as much or more then if they built it and I get a warrenty on top of it.
Reply Quote
Try looking here for a starting point.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=271861
Reply Quote
Then you don't know what you pick because iv Always Defeated Cyber Power & Ibuypower & Ava Direct Deal With picking part of Relatively Same performances or higher

Iv build about 350's Build Suggestion on PC Hardware forum which mean it a Collaboration to find The Right part and information to the topic Creator on how to make a computer build

So Given from those Spec :Id Like to know the power supply unit and the funds and il tell you what to upgrade to handle Diablo 3 in a over 50FPS + at High if that ur issue

Beside the Team Liquid thing is outdated because of HDD Crisis and major change of price in video card
Edited by Marcthpro#1425 on 5/15/2012 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yes the thread is outdated, however I stated it was a good starting place, not an end-all be-all guide.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]