Diablo® III

People having problems realize this.

85 Dwarf Hunter
Diablo 3 is a brand new game from the ground up. D3 is running on brand new servers with brand new software, so expecting everything to be perfect on day 1 is idiotic and childish. Blizzard will fix it. They always do. Just be patient, after all it is only 13hours into day 1.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Gee Earg, your so calm and stable........ I'll bet just being in your presence would make a crazy man sane and let a blind man see.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Eargyllann
Diablo 3 is a brand new game from the ground up. D3 is running on brand new servers with brand new software, so expecting everything to be perfect on day 1 is idiotic and childish. Blizzard will fix it. They always do. Just be patient, after all it is only 13hours into day 1.

The semi-intelligent among us aren't complaining about servers having trouble on the first day, we know that will happen.

We're complaining about what online-only DRM is going to do to gaming.
Reply Quote
I don't think everyone expects things to be perfect on day one, but if you pay for a service which is available from a set date you should be able to use that service to some degree... It's not a brand new game from the ground up, it's been beta tested for months.
Can you imagine if a software company brought out a new online based O/S you couldn't log into?
Reply Quote
I can't seem to remember in my last 30 years of a SINGLE player game having issues the day it was released. If they wanted to avoid issues, they simply could of created an offline mode for single player, like most games have.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Well seeing people frustrated to the point where they "demand" a refund is outrageous. It's very clear these people have not been though many new game launches.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Eargyllann
Well seeing people frustrated to the point where they "demand" a refund is outrageous. It's very clear these people have not been though many new game launches.

Maybe they expect things to improve through lessons learned if this is the norm. How many new games do this?
Edited by baggat#1316 on 5/15/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Eargyllann

One of the first ever games that requires connecting to an online server to play single player.

Claims he knows more about game launches than others.

k
Reply Quote
This is NOT the norm for single player games EVER. Only for massive multiple games which this is... except 99% of games with a single player don't require to login. Epic EPIC fail blizzard.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Dîckcheney
Accepting this as the norm means it will never be improved.

This to some degree. The crap Bethesda gets away with for example is an absolute travesty, they should be ashamed of the shoddy garbage, beta quality crap they consistently release, yet they're loved and get 10/10's up the yin yang instead.

With a game like this though, I have faith in Blizz, and things like servers being congested, log in issues etc, are to be expected. But the problems with a lot of peoples computers crashing, freezing and running the game at 10 FPS and such, when beta ran just fine, is stupid. And I'm talking about computers that ARE supported and DO meet the needed specs; sometimes even computers that should eat this game alive are freezing and choking on it. What the hell happened between beta and retail that BETA ran flawlessly and the optimized retail is a mess?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Also the game has been in beta but never stress tested like this. I'd say most people that have the game at the moment never tried the beta. Although I could be wrong.
Reply Quote
can blizzard deliver pizza to my house? since my game dont work
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
no the way i see it is they had 10+ years to make sure things go right.

the Multi- Millions of dollars blizzard makes a WEEK should take care of any problems

Blizzard has had YEARS to setup servers and make sure this game launches smooth

they have failed every customer in the world

its a slap in the face they get away with it.
Reply Quote
I have been retrieving the hero list for an hour. lol
Reply Quote
I have more faith in blizzard fixing the issues with the launcher then I have with what bioware did to swtor.
Reply Quote
That's why you have beta before releasing it official.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]