Diablo® III

ATI broken pixels even after hotfix

Hi, I have a Radeon 3600 series and i installed the 12.4a hotfix. but am still getting broken pixels on shadows/fire/quest icons/townportals it all comes up very pixelated and broke.

I'm not sure what steps to take to try and resolve.
Edited by Vulture#1912 on 5/15/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/lv8YD.jpg looks like this?

i have the HD 3650 and i get the same issue, if i leave it on the log in screen i even get the yellow news text distort into a squiggle sort of like a kid drawing with a crayon for the first time.

the game isn't really playable like this! :
Reply Quote
no mines not that bad. I logged out and haven't gotten back in yet to take a screenshot of it.
Reply Quote
You may need to go into your catalyst (vision engine control) it should be on your taskbar by the clock or in your start menu there should be a shortcut to open it. Than go to the gaming tab on the left and click "3d application settings". You probably need to set those options to use application settings that should fix it. Especially the Anti-aliasing setting, the anisotropic setting should be set to use app settings. Vertical refresh I usually set to off unless the app specifies and the anti-aliasing mode I usually leave alone.
Reply Quote
Mine is just like that in fullscreen mode. most of it goes away in windowed mode, but that is not ideal
Reply Quote
It could also be the settings in game itself you may need to enable/disable max fps settings in there and enable vsync too. Also run as admin if your not already
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/fpF62.jpg?1 this is what I'm getting
Reply Quote
The other thing with the hotfix is if you didn't uninstall the older driver before you installed it, it may not have configured or copied over correctly if all else fail you may want to uninstall the driver in the through the control panel and reinstall it. If you are running vista or later you may have to run the windows experience index test again.
Reply Quote
I just rolled back my driver and it fixed all those issues.

Right click on the desktop, go to screen resolution, click advanced settings, properties, driver, then roll back driver. Should work fine after that. Others have also reported this to fix their problem.
Reply Quote
The other thing with the hotfix is if you didn't uninstall the older driver before you installed it, it may not have configured or copied over correctly if all else fail you may want to uninstall the driver in the through the control panel and reinstall it. If you are running vista or later you may have to run the windows experience index test again.

uninstalled amd drivers reinstalled them, same issue put all setting like you said.

what a headache, lol.
Reply Quote
uninstalled than reinstalled the 12.4a hotfix, the gray mess went away but now horrible artifacting occurs. reinstalling the hotfix again to see
Edited by MightyC117#1778 on 5/15/2012 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]