Diablo® III

Launcher freezing

90 Night Elf Mage
I have tried to restart the launcher a dozen times, I have ran as admin. Restarted my computer a couple of times, and the launcher still freezes at Updating Blizzard Launcher 0%. Can you please help me with this issue, I haven't gotten any crashes or error reports with the game. I had it playing earlier just fine, but now I can't even launch the game.
Reply Quote
try going into task pane, and ending process agent.exe then run diablo3 again. Also make sure you run it in administrator.
Edited by rEpulse#1327 on 5/15/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Try to restart and then deleting C:\ProgramData\Battle.net (especially if you played the open beta).

Next time you start the launcher will take a moment or two longer than it used to load and then it should work (worked for me at least)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I haven't played open beta for D3, the message I am getting now is: Failed to read required file. Please close all other applications, temporarily disable your anit-virus software, and try again.

In which I have tried closing my net and disabling my firewall and still didn't do anything just that message popped up again.
Reply Quote
Did you install via download or dvd?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
via download
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I am trying the deleting the Battle.net folder in ProgramData at the moment
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
I had the same problems and after about four hours and doing everything that everyone suggested (http://www.keenandgraev.com/2012/05/12/diablo-3-stuck-updating-setup-files-fix/), found that I had to completely uninstall my anti-virus software (PC Tools), turn off my Firewall and disable all start programs. Once that was done, I didn't have any issues at all!
Reply Quote
Works best after a reboot.

If all this fails delete all the downloaded files and redownload, not reading the data is another problem i think.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
It's working for me now. Thanks for the help... now to get past Retrieving Hero's list...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]