Diablo® III

please help, nvidia driver issue

Hi.

I have been receiving an issue in game that blacks out and minimises my gameplay every 3-4 times per minute on average and 10 - 12 times when its really bad.

It happens anywhere in the game, new areas, known areas, town, etc.

It comes up as "Display driver NVIDIA stopped responding and was recovered"

Again and again.

I have looked into the problem and no answers have been found to work, I have UPDATED my NVIDIA driver, AUTOMATICALLY AND MANUALLY.

It has not worked.

I need a good answer soon, please, it is really hard to play the game with this stuff going on.

Anyone have this issue? please help.
Edited by Diablo#6447 on 5/15/2012 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Have you tried to revert back to a previous working driver?
Reply Quote
What are your specs?
Reply Quote
Here are the steps to fixing this. I had this problem when using Firefox for awhile.

1) Download the drivers and do a CLEAN install and restart the computer when it ask to do.

2) If step one doesnt fixes it, then try running the game while Aero is disabled. Also, make sure your Directx drivers are updated and you have all the important windows updates installed.

3) If the two previous steps do not work, then it means that the graphic card is failing and you have to get it replace. I am not lying about this since Nvidia said this on their forum somewhere about this problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
that crash happens to me i have gtx 470"s sli . im using the beta driver thoe . yes its annoying thoe now they have to just get the servers up before thoes ? can be asked or reserched :/

breath lol main problems i guess first :D thoe there gona want dx info and alot more later as well once they get the web paging also back up right .

still cant log even in to the tec side of the fourms thoe thoes guys are way overly worked now with the crash or server problems :D
Reply Quote
I had that problem as well (a few weeks ago). Going to NVIDIA's main site and having it auto-check my computer for updated drivers worked. I downloaded the new driver and viola, no blackouts. Just go to drivers in NVIDIA's website and they have an auto-scan that will find the newest driver for your card.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Lower settings ingame...
Reply Quote
It might help if you let us know what graphics cards you were using. I have the GeForce 560 Ti, and no problems there...but if you're using an older card, that could well be the issue...or you could have a card that is on the verge of failing. If it's only happening with D3, that would be important as well.

Edit: Does this happen on all graphics settings?
Edited by Durandal#1410 on 5/15/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

3) If the two previous steps do not work, then it means that the graphic card is failing and you have to get it replace. I am not lying about this since Nvidia said this on their forum somewhere about this problem.

No. There are quite a few people with a range of Nvidia cards that are having the same or similar problems to the OP, there is no way they're all failing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]