Diablo® III

Requires a new operating system to run????

85 Tauren Druid
Hi,

I have recently played the Beta fine. I have uninstalled it and manually removed any remaining folders but on installation i get the message: Requires a new operating system to run.

My OS is Windows 7 Enterprise x64 with SP1 (fully updated every month with latest updates), anyone else have this issue or a resolution to this issue ?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051435477

You're not alone, but a quick scan of the forums would have shown you that. There are several threads dealing with Win7 solutions.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ty sir.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Rogue
From Elementor, 85 Gnome Mage, Bent:

-set the agent.exe to compatibility mode, and run launcher.
-once its past the "updating files" and the launcher loads DO NOT CLICK INSTALL
-ctrl-alt-del and cancel agent32.exe
-change agent back out of compatibility mode
-reload agent manually from the battle.net folder
-click install

WooT. Finally.
Easiest way to find agent32.exe is to ctrl-alt-del while the installer's launched, and go to Task Manager. Right-click it and "go to file location."

...This is after several jumps through several different hoops. Compatibility modes and administrator runs, playing with the registry to spoof the installer, uninstalling all the little Windows updates to force-install Service Pack 1 and 2...This is ridiculous, Blizz.

But this one worked for me. I gotta remember this for other games that have...issues...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]