Diablo® III

Am I the only one who remembers WoW launch?

90 Worgen Warlock

They never forced you to buy the game, if you are so against the game being an online enabled game, that perhaps you should continue to play Diablo 2. Personally, I only play games that allow me to play online with friends. That is where I have the greatest satisfaction. To each his own, but there is no surprises with it being battle.net enabled. They did the same thing with SC2.

And also technically i didnt pay for the game, i have the WoW annual, pass, but the world is not going to end today, the game will be ready to play later on, you must have patience.

Listen I realize you may be in special ed and your idea of fun IS waiting on servers to come back up since you obviously play WoW, it gives you an chance to go get more hot pockets and see sunlight for a few hours before its back to the grind, but I do not play that crap. I am an adult, I require satisfaction in my products I buy. When I am not satisfied I go threw a string of channels in order to get satisfaction before I eventually give up and require a refund. This is what used to be called being a savvy consumer. Actually getting your moneys worth of a product and if not, demanding satisfaction. Also back before you and your ilk became the dominate force in products and gaming, companies tried their best to insure that customers were indeed satisfied with products, because they had to.

Also I have another shocker for you, I do not care about nor do I follow Starcraft 2, or any other blizzard product. I only have 1 game I enjoy with this entire company, diablo. Consider me a consumer that does not engage in brand loyalty to your level, nor do I give two !@#$s about the satisfaction of yes men such as yourself vs my own. I have my own complaints that I want satisfied by a company. See above for the reason why.

It IS a shock to me because I did not anticipate it, I wanted a similar single player experience to what I had before, instead I have been handed WoW lite with a cash for gold trading system in place. Shocking, I know, that someone may become pissed at this aspect and demand an explanation.

You say I am special Ed?

Do you not research anything before you purchase a product? Do you go to the car dealership and believe everything the salesman tells you? Every aspect of this game, as how it would go, the "cash for gold" trading system all this is no "shocker" if you actually paid attention to the game you "wanted" to play.

Perhaps it is only me then, who, before purchasing any product, does extensive research on the company, and what the product is. I spend my money wisely, and I am sorry that you were to unfortunate to comprehend the extent of what Diablo 3 was going to be when it was launched on day 1. If you come back next week and load up the game, you will have the experience you are looking for. To not have that satisfaction now, being a mature "adult" as you claim to be, seems real immature for your character.
Edited by Zumtil#1149 on 5/15/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
WoW
WoW BC
WoW WotlK
WoW Cata
SCII
D3

What do their launches all have in common? You can't honestly say you didn't see this coming.
Reply Quote
I have to agree with some of the posters here. An MMO launch cannot be compared to an SP/MP game, since the server mechanic is completely different. In theory, D3 does not require the server. According to a number of interviews the reasons one is forced online, even for SP is the interchangability of chars between SP and MP.

Also, to prevent cheating of those chars...

Also to prevent piracy of the game...

I can agree with all of those things.

What I do not agree with is being forced to abandon a battle because of a disconnect from the server when I am trying to enjoy the SP experience. Forced to live through lag for a game that is currently in SP mode...

Its a bit of a motivational dampener for a game that overall feels great, but is crippled by the usual "same ole same ole" as in... server capacity full.

While i dissagree with the fact that this game is comparable with an MMO launch, the experiences of SC2 should have taught Blizzard better. Its not like this is their first game which is battle.net reliant... or their second....
Reply Quote

They never forced you to buy the game, if you are so against the game being an online enabled game, that perhaps you should continue to play Diablo 2. Personally, I only play games that allow me to play online with friends. That is where I have the greatest satisfaction. To each his own, but there is no surprises with it being battle.net enabled. They did the same thing with SC2.

And also technically i didnt pay for the game, i have the WoW annual, pass, but the world is not going to end today, the game will be ready to play later on, you must have patience.

Listen I realize you may be in special ed and your idea of fun IS waiting on servers to come back up since you obviously play WoW, it gives you an chance to go get more hot pockets and see sunlight for a few hours before its back to the grind, but I do not play that crap. I am an adult, I require satisfaction in my products I buy. When I am not satisfied I go threw a string of channels in order to get satisfaction before I eventually give up and require a refund. This is what used to be called being a savvy consumer. Actually getting your moneys worth of a product and if not, demanding satisfaction. Also back before you and your ilk became the dominate force in products and gaming, companies tried their best to insure that customers were indeed satisfied with products, because they had to.

Also I have another shocker for you, I do not care about nor do I follow Starcraft 2, or any other blizzard product. I only have 1 game I enjoy with this entire company, diablo. Consider me a consumer that does not engage in brand loyalty to your level, nor do I give two !@#$s about the satisfaction of yes men such as yourself vs my own. I have my own complaints that I want satisfied by a company. See above for the reason why.

It IS a shock to me because I did not anticipate it, I wanted a similar single player experience to what I had before, instead I have been handed WoW lite with a cash for gold trading system in place. Shocking, I know, that someone may become pissed at this aspect and demand an explanation.

IM AN ADULT!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
So you've been trained to accept product failure, not complain but rather defend the company for it's failure, and let the industry get away with this type of practice?

Good for you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
So you've been trained to accept product failure, not complain but rather defend the company for it's failure, and let the industry get away with this type of practice?

Good for you.

Until other companies can do the same thing, with zero issues at all, yes i will learn to live with problems of the first time an online game launches.
Reply Quote

Good for you.

Until other companies can do the same thing, with zero issues at all, yes i will learn to live with problems of the first time an online game launches.

a list of companies in which I bought the game, brought it home, and simply played it without "issues" or "launch problems"

assassins creed revelations
mount and blade warband
saints row the third
skyrim
shogun 2 total war

all of these games I downloaded, installed, and instantly was playing. None of them had "server login issues" or "launch day hickups" they just !@#$ing played. All bought on the day of release.

so maybe you should branch out your experience from WoW and try a few companies that do not make excuses or have hordes of fanboys that make excuses for them?
Reply Quote
It's a sad day when we buy a primarily single player game and see not only people happy with failing servers that ruin single player gaming, but defending it to boot.

And then we wonder why big corporations keep trying to scam their customers, provide poor customer service, treat paying customers like theives... Because they know there are people out there that will bend over and take it with a smile.
Reply Quote
Errrrr

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html

nuff said 10 years + 1 day to launch an online game when the first and 2nd edition could be played offline.

Y? Anti-piracy, opps I mean blizzard is still A "Company"?!?!

FYI in my area its 3.30am and I'm still trying to login -.-
Reply Quote
The problem with this is ithe game is played online. 20 years ago there were no online play or else it was in its primitive stage if there was any.
Reply Quote
WoW is an MMO, this is not.

Am I the only one that remembers when games where released and you could actually play them the moment you bought them? You know, just put the game in your pc, install it, and play it? Tell me I am not the only person above the age of 20 on this forum.

Star wars tie fighter.....stack overflow!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue

a list of companies in which I bought the game, brought it home, and simply played it without "issues" or "launch problems"

mount and blade warband
saints row the third
skyrim
shogun 2 total war

all of these games I downloaded, installed, and instantly was playing. None of them had "server login issues" or "launch day hickups" they just !@#$ing played. All bought on the day of release.

so maybe you should branch out your experience from WoW and try a few companies that do not make excuses or have hordes of fanboys that make excuses for them?

Read his post again. There's an important word you're missing.
Reply Quote
Of course..... WoW is an MMO, Diablo 3 isn't
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Theres a whole lotta cryin goin on here........lol
Reply Quote

mount and blade warband
saints row the third
skyrim
shogun 2 total war

Read his post again. There's an important word you're missing.

This is NOT AN ONLINE GAME, its single player. It has multiplayer capabilities, just like saints the third, and again saints the third, unlike this game, I was able to play with friends at launch.
Reply Quote
Totally!

Except for the part where this isn't WoW

and it's not 2004 anymore.
Reply Quote
EIGHT YEARS LATER
Reply Quote
The 'complainers' are not open-minded enough to see the issue as anything more than an inconvenience to them. I'm a bit disappoined that I can't play the game right now, while my daughter is taking her nap, but I also recognize that time is infinite and the downtime is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]