Diablo® III

Tempest Rush?

Guys, it's a mobility skill. The damage is negligible, but it knocks enemies back and slows them. Extremely useful for positioning if you don't like Dashing Strike.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Once you get out of the cathedral and thing to destroy start being appart from each other, it's a nice skill to keep that extra xp coming. With Transcendence you get a crazy uber heal, more so if you have a monk weap with a trascendence-like effect.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Ankh
Guys, it's a mobility skill. The damage is negligible, but it knocks enemies back and slows them.

Right. The +0% speed skill is a mobility skill. At least call it CC :P.

05/15/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Ankh
Extremely useful for positioning if you don't like Dashing Strike.

Do you really spend time trying to position mobs in a game like this o.O?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Cain

Not positioning enemies. Positioning yourself.

I'm not a huge fan of the skill, but it does let you go pretty much wherever you want. Nice for breaking free of large packs, or dashing over to grab a health orb.
Reply Quote
Tempest Rush is a great support ability that helps you knock enemies off of your party members, and direct where they go. I find it far more useful for that purpose than the damage it deals.
Reply Quote

Mobility as in moving through a group without collision is probably what he means.

Not positioning mobs, but your self in general.

IE You are in the middle of a mob group, you want to get out, hold ur TR button and run out.
Edited by JRemmy#1211 on 5/16/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tempest Rush can become really useful in Nightmare. Some of the mobs have a speed buff which makes it irritating if you knock them away and they start kiting you. It is also really useful to get out of a really enclosed area.

For example I was in one of the caves underground in Act 2 of Nightmare. Some of the mobs have this new ability that spawns this rotating arcane laser beam that can really REALLY hurt. It was a small enclosed path that lead to a big room and it was impossible to dodge 5 of those lasers in such a small area. So I used Tempest Rush to get out of the path quickly without taking any damage.
Reply Quote
I use tempest rush to get around. It let's you run through enemies, which is the main reason you use it.

The main use i get from it, is when i get surrounded. i hit it and run.

Also when i'm killing stuff i don't worry about (normal mode mob's, i haven't tried much in nightmear yet) i'll use it to run behind the group so the other melee can work from one side and i can work from the back.

another big use, (the biggest for me actually) is how i use it with my friends. i got a friend who rolls a wizard. so i run in the middle of the enemies and pop cyclone strike (implosion) to pull them all together then he nukes them with meteor.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:57 PMPosted by G3pwood

Not positioning enemies. Positioning yourself.

I'm not a huge fan of the skill, but it does let you go pretty much wherever you want. Nice for breaking free of large packs, or dashing over to grab a health orb.

I completely agree with the above + knocks back and slows ennemies.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
tempest rush is my baby i use it to run to the highest hp monster exploding palm then proceed to plow down all in my path
Reply Quote
Gotta try that.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Druid
05/15/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Cain
Guys, it's a mobility skill. The damage is negligible, but it knocks enemies back and slows them.

It's mobility because nothing can stop you (except a wall). That kind of mobility.
Reply Quote
For those new to Diablo think of this skill as previous posters have mentioned. Use this skill to get the hell out of a bad situation. When you get into higher difficulties this ability- possibly coupled with movement speed- can be a pretty amazing boss farming mechanic. You can bypass many obsticles without stopping to fight the trash. Prime example would be D2 Baal runs. Don't have to be a sorceress or a teleporting barbarian anymore ;p lol
Reply Quote
I used it pretty effectively to defeat NM Diablo. Good way to dodge his bone cage thing and to get behind him.
Reply Quote
I really don't see it viable in inferno, where I'm at now
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 12:23 AMPosted by JRemmy
I really don't see it viable in inferno, where I'm at now

It is how I kite elites. Though the game LOVES to rubberband me when I use it. Funny how it only happens against elite packs.
Reply Quote
I thought that was a skill that some of the champions had.
Reply Quote
Sure, some have vortex. But this is just rubberbanding. There is a difference between being pulled back, and just popping back where you were. It happens often enough that I know its lag in the collision detection, because it always pops me back the moment I let go of the Tempest Rush button, so the game thinks I cheated and walked through something I couldn't, because it doesn't register the noclip of Tempest Rush fast enough. If I hold the button for longer, I can avoid it, but quick jaunts through stuff, its about a 70% chance I'll get rubberbanded back in place.
Edited by WiredRayne#1671 on 5/21/2012 12:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]