Diablo® III

Tempest Rush?

You will need it as a monk in inferno to remain mobile in some untankable fights vs mobs.
Reply Quote
Along with dashing strike this skill is great for rushing people and finding doors and stuff as I can run thru pretty much any mob (except vortex and wallers)

But for practical purpose not so much.
Reply Quote
Tempest rush? I didn't think it was that useful but decided to play with it, and luckily/unluckily got to test it right away.

We were playing on Nightmare Act 2 with my barbarian brother and my wizard friend, in the sewers dungeon. We unluckily run into TWO unique mobs - Frozen+Vortex and Illusionist+Arcane.

Everything happened too fast. We get sucked in, people pop defensive cooldowns, but we get surrounded as the illusions confuse our vision and we fail to notice the frozen orbs forming. Too late, everyone gets frozen, and Leap and Diamond Skin are on cooldown for my team. The arcane orbs of laser death start appearing...

I jam on Serenity, hold down Tempest Rush and scream "Charging Star!!!!" as I do a 360 run to slam enemies out of the way as we make a run for it.

The skill has never left my right-click ever since. Tempest Rush will not be the most damaging skill in your arsenal, but it will keep you alive by knocking back and slowing down enemies, evading fire/poison/void zones, and helping team mates if they need to get something off them for just a second. It's not flash like Dashing Strike, but is less reliant on the need to have an enemy at the fringe of the pack for your to "dash out". Unless Blizzard fixes Dashing Strike to allow "non-strike" dashes, Tempest Rush will be your best mobility, get-me out of here, spell combined with Serenity (or Blinding Flash).

For the non-MvC players: http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper_Charging_Star
Edited by Jex#6367 on 5/21/2012 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tempest rush? I didn't think it was that useful but decided to play with it, and luckily/unluckily got to test it right away.

We were playing on Nightmare Act 2 with my barbarian brother and my wizard friend, in the sewers dungeon. We unluckily run into TWO unique mobs - Frozen+Vortex and Illusionist+Arcane.

Everything happened too fast. We get sucked in, people pop defensive cooldowns, but we get surrounded as the illusions confuse our vision and we fail to notice the frozen orbs forming. Too late, everyone gets frozen, and Leap and Diamond Skin are on cooldown for my team. The arcane orbs of laser death start appearing...

I jam on Serenity, hold down Tempest Rush and scream "Charging Star!!!!" as I do a 360 run to slam enemies out of the way as we make a run for it.

The skill has never left my right-click ever since. Tempest Rush will not be the most damaging skill in your arsenal, but it will keep you alive by knocking back and slowing down enemies, evading fire/poison/void zones, and helping team mates if they need to get something off them for just a second. It's not flash like Dashing Strike, but is less reliant on the need to have an enemy at the fringe of the pack for your to "dash out". Unless Blizzard fixes Dashing Strike to allow "non-strike" dashes, Tempest Rush will be your best mobility, get-me out of here, spell combined with Serenity (or Blinding Flash).

For the non-MvC players: http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper_Charging_Star

My brother from another mother, tempest rush is the BEST escape for monks. Dashing strike is only good in situations where you wanna get behind certain enemies before they slam down on you imo. With the delay from online sometimes I find myself dashing striking short on mobs. If you're being clustered in a group you want tempest rush to get you out of there and keep your momentum after you get out, i feel that there is a delay after dashing strike that could slow you down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]