Diablo® III

Failed launch of a single player game, wow!

90 Worgen Death Knight
This is the first time I've ever heard of a single player game failing it's launch because the 'servers are full'. I never knew that single player games needed servers that you are required to login to. Sure, I've heard of single player games that have online components that require you to log in, you know, when you want to play online. In fact, from what I see, there is no difference between this game and Diablo 2 except for some minor details when it comes to battle.net updating your character info (data mining...or better known as personal information gathering) and drop in drop out multiplayer (which is ultimately unnecessary when you are without internet connection and just want to play some SINGLE PLAYER). It almost seems like this is some form of DRM....but....*GASP* wait...would Blizzard ever dare distrust it's loyal fans like that?! NOOOOOO!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!...

I feel terrible for even thinking such a terrible though...

/sarcasm

Screw this B.S. I only wish we held Blizzard to the same standards we do EA (who pulls this regularly) or Activision (oh wait...WHAT?!?!? this is an Activision joint?!? Who'da thought?!).
Edited by Deadwing#1401 on 5/15/2012 1:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
i've never bought an activision game and liked it. can't fathom why blizzard would even come within 50 feet of them
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You do know that Activision owns Blizzard right?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Activision and Blizzard Entertainment still exist as separate entities.[9] The holding company does not publish games under its central name and instead uses its subsidiaries to publish games, similar to how Vivendi Games operated before the merger.[10] The merger makes Activision parent company of Vivendi Games' former divisions.

While Blizzard retained its autonomy and corporate leadership, other Vivendi Games divisions did not
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]