Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

Every 30 seconds or so my screen will flicker black and return to the game or compeletely alt-tab me and I either have to quit d3 through the task manager or it returns after 10 or so seconds.

I have Dual GeForce GTS 250, and I updated my video drivers.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I am having the exact same problem. Same video cards. I updated my drivers as well.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
same issue here, updated gfx, limited the fps everything..
edit; however iam running a single gts 250

no difference.
Edited by rhys84au#1315 on 5/15/2012 2:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I have an ATI Radeon 6870? and I'm having the same issue.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
I have a GTS 250 as well and tried everything I could think of!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Same here, though running with an 8800gt. WoW runs perfectly fine. Only other game I have noticed this happening, was during the GW2 Stress Test on the 14th.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
same thng is happening to me 9800gtx my buddy has the same card his playing just fine...

are you guys getting this message (Display driver stopped responding and has recovered)?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Yep. Same message for me.
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Warrior
Same problem for me with a single GTS 250 card. The game will periodically freeze up and then go black for a few seconds before resuming to normal. About one out of five of these black screens will alt tab me to my desktop and then bring me back in 10 seconds later. I even blue-screened once. I have the most recent drivers. It makes the game unplayable.

I also notice this problem with Skyrim and The Witcher, but plenty of other games such as WoW, SCII, Arkham City, etc. work perfectly fine.
Edited by Tohnren#1780 on 5/15/2012 2:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, my game will just freeze up, you can still hear the music playing, then it seems to run real fast and "catch up". Most of the time, when the freeze stops, I am dead. I ran in windowed mode, and I could see the (Display driver stopped responding and has recovered) message. 9800 gtx+ here, too. PNY.
Reply Quote
I'm getting this with my GeForce 9800 GTX+ as well
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Trying something, will let you know momentarily.

*Edit* Turned off V-sync via the nvidia control panel, so far, the game is running much smoother, and has not black screened for the last 5 or so minutes.

*Edit #2* Never mind the above....it worked for a bit, but just did it again as I gained a level.
Edited by GrimFandango#1238 on 5/15/2012 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
So what's the problem? we need a new card? but wait my friend has the same card ans his playing just fine...i Even tried every thing on low and 800x600 res. still getting the same problem..
this truly sucks.......
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
this breaks my heart............
Reply Quote
I was trying to play through it and my computer just gave me a memory dump...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Yeeeeeep. My pc just brainfarted as well when trying to play through.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
so what now...??
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
iam | | close to formatting just to see if it rectifies it. not that i should have to... fing blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Now....WE DANCE! I don't know sadly. When I saw it was saying a d3d error had occurred, my first thought was to look for a config file, see if I could change it from Dx11 to DX9...but no such luck so far.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
So.. when I play D3 my screen turns black and stays that way.. can still hear sound but cant see anything. Video card issue or something else?

edit; I've never had issues with WoW
Edited by Despoina#1681 on 5/15/2012 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]