Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

Setting max FPS and turning up the graphics to high seems to have worked for the past hour for me.

I no longer get black screens for 5 - 10 seconds before returning to the game (Recovering the driver)

GTS 250
Reply Quote
Same problem here, nvidia GTS250 with latest drivers.
Reply Quote
request as a sticky everyone (at the top of the page)
Reply Quote
EVGA GTS 250 ssc 512mb
296.10 drivers
no problems... I guess I'm lucky
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Bump- Still a continuing issue...
Reply Quote
So much rage...

Same issue.
Reply Quote
Same issue here

**Update** Lowering my foreground FPS to 50 did help, but certainly not an ideal solution
Edited by Davin#1358 on 5/16/2012 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
GTS 250
Windows 7 64-bit

Same issue. I'm going to try the fan speed fix.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ten
try downloading evga precision tools guys and manualy overiding fan controls. i selected "auto" on fan control then adjusted the temperature curve so that the fan would begin to increase speed a bit earlier in the temp increases.

running on high options and everything atm seems fine... ill give it a few hrs and post again.

however this work around should not be needed. thanks blizz for no help.
Reply Quote
GTX 260, computer within specs and up to date drivers. Same problems. Bump.
Reply Quote
Bumpin
Reply Quote
Cmon Blizzard! 10 pages later and you guys still wont respond?
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 05:39 AMPosted by TheTanMan97
Cmon Blizzard! 10 pages later and you guys still wont respond?

THIS

At LEAST have a support person come in and say "We're working on it"

at leas acknowledge it
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bump

Fan work around did not work for me.
Reply Quote
Seeing this thread lets me know I am not alone and know that it's something on their end and not mine. This crap happened in beta also. This is the first time I've seen Blizzard release an unfinished product.
Reply Quote
Bump

Fan work around did not work for me.

me neither
Reply Quote
Unbelievable

I submitted a ticket thoroughly describing my problem and I tell them that I already have the latest drivers and they send me this:

Greetings -

Before we can provide you additional assistance we will need you to follow all of the steps listed here: <http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates>

If, after you have completed those steps, you are still unable to login please contact us again stating that you have followed the instructions and have updated your video drivers.

Blizzard Entertainment

Seriously? I never mentioned not being able to login at all in my post, and I specifically said I had the latest drivers.

This is my first experience with blizzard and this is shameful customer service

I sent the support person a link to this thread though so hopefully they will realize this is widespread
Edited by heyr8kb#1349 on 5/16/2012 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This

Unbelievable

I submitted a ticket thoroughly describing my problem and I tell them that I already have the latest drivers and they send me this:

Greetings -

Before we can provide you additional assistance we will need you to follow all of the steps listed here: <http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates>

If, after you have completed those steps, you are still unable to login please contact us again stating that you have followed the instructions and have updated your video drivers.

Blizzard Entertainment

Seriously? I never mentioned not being able to login at all in my post, and I specifically said I had the latest drivers.

This is my first experience with blizzard and this is shameful customer service

I sent the support person a link to this thread though so hopefully they will realize this is widespread

This is what happens when companies outsource their support. Either it gets automated or it gets sent to a third world country that speaks limited English.
Reply Quote
I lowered FPS to 30.
After that i played for more than 2 hours without problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]