Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

Hello blizzard - are you there??
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem 9800GTX+... I lowered all the clocked settings a little bit, turned the fan to 100%, reduced the screen resolution to 1280 X 1024, put all the settings on low and reduced foreground FPS to 58... It seemed to work... though I haven't played for more than an hour or so. But the point is I really shouldn't have to do all that... I started a thread on the nvidia forum but no response there yet either... here is a link to that forum post

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=229514&pid=1409024&st=0&#entry1409024
Reply Quote
I have an Diamond Radeon Hd 7770 ... As I get in the game and take a step it freezes then alt tab and I get not responding, but the music is still playing in the background.... Any ideas?
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 05:41 PMPosted by BlaZe
I have an Diamond Radeon Hd 7770 ... As I get in the game and take a step it freezes then alt tab and I get not responding, but the music is still playing in the background.... Any ideas?

same video card, same problem...
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
GTS 250, same issue and no solutions...
Reply Quote
I wonder how many pages we need to get this to before blizzard takes action? I'm still with the guy demanding a refund. This service is horrible and unacceptable. diablo was the last thread tying me to blizzard. I stopped my wow account, stopped my support for starcraft, and now it seems I'm going to just cut the ropes to diablo. Wonder what their sales numbers are going to look like the rest of the year after this? Especially since they pretty much are ignoring everyone.
Reply Quote
same problem. sucks. class action??
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 05:58 PMPosted by SP1DR
same problem. sucks. class action??

lol. At least something on here made me laugh. but you know, there are probably enough people with complaints over this crap release to get a class action started. My main issue is I paid this crap company for a product, and they did not deliver. I should at least get a refund.
Edited by Talidras#1692 on 5/16/2012 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem with me, GTS 250 on Windows 7x64.

It rarely happens for me - 11 hours of game time and it's probably happened a dozen times. Seems to happen at the busiest moments (like 3rd phase of end boss of Act 4!!).
Reply Quote
Same problem, ati radeon hd 5770, tried different versions of catalyst, even tried using only the card driver without catalyst, no success. Pretty much everything everyone suggested did not work for me.
Reply Quote
How about we use this thread to ask for fixes and describe the problem and you use a different thread to make refund demands and make legal threats.

Frustrated player still wants to play.

Ati 7850, same problem. Lowering fps to 50 extends playtime, but it's choppy
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
AoD
Wife's computer has the nvidia 9800gtx+ and has the same issues
Reply Quote
bumpalotapuss
Reply Quote
How about we use this thread to ask for fixes and describe the problem and you use a different thread to make refund demands and make legal threats.

Frustrated player still wants to play.

Ati 7850, same problem. Lowering fps to 50 extends playtime, but it's choppy

So you know. I have an open ticket with blizzard with my current specs and things I have tried. Instead of selectively reading, you should have noticed I started my post laughing, and even stated that I found their post funny and was relating to what they said. If I really wanted a refund, I'd talk to blizzard about it.

And another note. If you bother researching this you will see many different posts on this. I don't think they need any more descriptions of the problem.
Reply Quote
Bump, this needs to be solved or even ACKNOWLEDGED by Customer Support, this is a game breaking bug/error/glitch that leaves me dead every time it happens in nightmare because my character is just sitting there getting wailed on by mobs.
Reply Quote
Guys. Get a gadget that shows how hot your video card is. Please post the results. I have made a fan and heatsink for my videocard and it stays steady at 90 degrees Celsius. If it goes beyond 100 i believe that maybe when the problem occurs. Please test this for me.
I got my widget here. http://blog.orbmu2k.de/sidebar-gadgets/gpu-observer-sidebar-gadget
Reply Quote
I have not had anymore blackouts since i did this. However the fan is loud as hell... and shouldnt be necessary.
Reply Quote
Run it in Fullscreen Maximised instead of Fullscreen, the blackouts occur usually after you tab out. WoW has the same issue.
Reply Quote
A change in resolution fixed my problem. I have a 9800gtx+ and was having the same problems. I had my resolution set to 1920x1080 and it was going black constantly...I then lowered my resolution(without changing any other setting) to any of the other different ones and it fixed it. It hasn't turned/flashed a black screen since and its been like 6 hours so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]