Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

90 Troll Hunter
My situation is similar, but I am running 3 monitors. Only using one to play game. Instead of bouncing me out to desktop as others have posted, the game starts bouncing between monitors, blacking out a few seconds between each bounce. It will keep bouncing between the 3 monitors, randomly, non-stop, until I am able to close the game. I am running HD6800 card. Was using latest 12.4 Catalyst driver, went back to 12.3, but no difference.

Anyone else having the game bounce between multi monitors? I even went down to 2 monitors, restarted my system, and it does same thing.
Reply Quote
This only started happening to me after patch 1.02, have done everything from adjusting fps, adjusting fan speed, taking apart fan from laptop and vacuuming/clearing of dust, enabling vsync, overclocking ect.

Was running PERFECTLY pre patch

Nvidia G210m (notebook)
Driver 8.17.12.9610
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Max Temp 73 degrees celsius
Edited by dartalex#1795 on 6/5/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was running fine pre-patch also, 8800gt over clocked, q6600 over clocked, 780i. I have run single gpu and sli 8800gt's and same issue, i think it over heating it. If you run a temp monitor and run the game in windowed mode you can watch the temp jump from 50 to about 76degree in a matter of 5 seconds. Its really a bunch of BS, this should be fixed by now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This is really getting out of hand, its been a week now with im guessing now around 500+ posts about the same problem regarding the blackout and restart of computers post patch. Just for reference, I am having the same issue, running I5 2500k proc, nvidia GT440 video card, 8gig ram. Wow and all my other games have absolutely no issue running on high settings, and D3 ran fine until after the patch. Now, 5-10mins into gameplay, constant blackscreen with my comp restarting. Its to the point now, considering its been a week now and there is still no patch fix, or anything on blizzards end to fix this problem which is a clear software problem due to the patch, I will most likey unistall the game and get my money back.

I would like to say to blizzard, this is unacceptable in every aspect, the customer service regarding this matter has been horrible. I work as an installer, and I can tell you this, if i ever treated one of my customers like this, I would be FIRED, on the spot, no execptions. You should think about this when you wait for 28 pages to post before you make a reply to a serious issue.
Reply Quote
I totally agree that this is a patch related issue. Heat may effect some rigs, but no more than normal.

I would like to see Blizzard step up and give us some info, at least that they are aware of this issue and are doing something to fix it.
Reply Quote
This is really getting out of hand, its been a week now with im guessing now around 500+ posts about the same problem regarding the blackout and restart of computers post patch. Just for reference, I am having the same issue, running I5 2500k proc, nvidia GT440 video card, 8gig ram. Wow and all my other games have absolutely no issue running on high settings, and D3 ran fine until after the patch. Now, 5-10mins into gameplay, constant blackscreen with my comp restarting. Its to the point now, considering its been a week now and there is still no patch fix, or anything on blizzards end to fix this problem which is a clear software problem due to the patch, I will most likey unistall the game and get my money back.

I would like to say to blizzard, this is unacceptable in every aspect, the customer service regarding this matter has been horrible. I work as an installer, and I can tell you this, if i ever treated one of my customers like this, I would be FIRED, on the spot, no execptions. You should think about this when you wait for 28 pages to post before you make a reply to a serious issue.

Haha this has been going on for me since the 15th of May. The 1st blue post was on the 18th of may. So in 9 days this prob will have been going on since release with no real sign of being fixed anytime soon. I have made some setting changes and now only have to worry about heat problems.

Here is the link that helped me figure things out. Hope it works for you like it did for me.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150106459?page=1
Reply Quote
I ended up using EVGA's Precision X (free download) and under-clocked my GPU clock and memory clock. It seemed to be stable but I didn't have a lot of time to test because of today's patch. I'll post back later to let you know how it turns out in the long run.
Reply Quote
Used EVGA's Precision X and underclocked my gpu and memory by 100-200 each..have ran 1 hour no hiccups what so ever..will report if it acts up again
Edited by dartalex#1795 on 6/6/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also got this problem HD 6570 started after this new patch :(
Reply Quote
I found that changing my setting on windows notifications helped to stop the problem
Reply Quote
having the same probs on my ATI radeon hd 3600.... ran fine before patch...
Reply Quote
This is also happening to me on my laptop (samsung RF511) since the 1.0.2 patch. Once again it was working perfectly before.

I'm asuming that this was introduced with the new patch as there are over 570 people complaining about the same thing and thats just in this single thread!

Has Blizzard made any comments or offered any solutions \ suggestions to this issue? or is it just deny deny deny, do the default check your drivers, is yoru windows uptodate....blah blah blah, copy and paste all their standard resonponces wasting your time, until a new patch miraculasly comes out and fixes the issue.
Reply Quote
Ok, I found a noob solution to my issue.... it might work for some people.

in the launcher screen, click options, then click reset game preferences, a window are you sure will appear. Click yes.

Run the game... and then it worked for me.

I changed my settings back to normal and it worked fine.

They probably released some sort of GFX option thats changed a description in the old file for a particular setting, and when the settings file gets deleted it re-write a new file with the new descriptions..... thats just a guess anyway :)
Reply Quote
I am having the same error, i have reformated my computer, reinstalled diablo3, updated drivers then when that didn't work uninstalled and reinstalled the previous version, underclocked my gpu turned vsync off and still nothing...

Please blizzard fix this
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Just wanted to add to the long list of people having this problem.

I was playing D3 just fine until I loaded the patch and once I click PLAY it just goes to a black screen with the game cursor on it and it completely freezes me out to the point where I have to disconnect my Laptop and remove the battery in order to turn it off. I hear the music looping in the background but no matter how long I wait, it doesn't unfreeze. AND it's not a heating issue on my end, I don't think, because I try first thing when turning on the laptop early morning, and it's cool to the touch, temp not even reading above 60C, therefore it has to do with the patch and I hope they fix this as it's affecting lots of players.

AND ANYONE JUST READING TO SEE WHAT'S GOING ON, IF YOU'RE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE, PLEASE POST - since Blizzard may need to see that this is an issue that's affecting more than a handful of people.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Don't hold your breath wait for blizzard to respond. Blizzard probably wont acknowledge the issue. Nvidia has been known to create "game templates" in the driver to fix bugs. Best bet is to watch the Nvidia site for driver updates. If it is an issue on the video card side Nvidia is the one that fixes it.
Reply Quote
Same issue, happened in act3 nightmare right as 3 elite Bloodclan shamans appeared with desecrate, I HAVE NOT UPDATED MY DRIVERS SINCE BEFORE DIABLO 3 CAME OUT and I have NEVER had this problem until today when the new patch came out and it KILLED MY HARDCORE CHARACTER THANKS BLIZZARD LET ME KNOW WHEN U GET YOUR $H!t TOGETHER!
Reply Quote
and I am using a single Geforce GTS 250.
Reply Quote
Still having this problem on our rig with the Geforce 250 GTS.

Lowering the clocks helped move the problem from (constantly) to (intermittently), but after the most recent patch the game is flat out unplayable.

Sad, I hope they fix it soon, might have to get a refund and opt out of playing something I've been looking forward to for a long time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]