Reply Quote
video settings - switch (foreground) fps to 50

there is a new nvidia beta driver
http://www.nvidia.de/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.27-beta-driver-de.html
i'll give it a try
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
Ten
im down to max fps 23 and running the beta driver..

still the occasional quick screen blank every 2-3 mins but no desktop crashing yet.

but still...

23 frames...
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
Using a GeForce 9800 GTX, video card driver is nvd3dum.dll
Same problems here, was happening in beta as well :\

Before I changed my max FPS it was happening every few seconds, now it only happens every like 2-3 minutes. If it happens enough sometimes my computer will blue screen. I'm at the point where I don't know if I should continue playing, I'm not sure if its damaging my computer when the driver stops responding over and over and over :p
Reply Quote
Dropping FPS to 50 seems to have fixed it here. Couldn't go 30s without it happening before. Just finished a 30min test without a single driver crash. (2x9600GT SLI)
Reply Quote
I have the same issue with 9800gtx+ in sli, what actually happens is one card stops working completely, then the other can't keep up and the other card's temp skyrockets to 150-200 degrees and shuts down so it doesn't fry. like everyone else, i have the latest "stable" drivers from nvidia
Reply Quote
Any news/updates with this issue?
Reply Quote
9800gtx, also having this issue. i'll try the fps "fix"
Reply Quote
lowering my fps to 50 worked great thank you to whomever suggested that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I am also facing a similar issue with a GTS 250.

When I played the Beta, I did not have any issue with the game and any black screens/freezes.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Moelock
same thng is happening to me 9800gtx

I have the same card and am having this problem.
Reply Quote
Exactly the same problem here, GTS 250 and the latest beta driver from nvidia.
I had this problem in the beta aswell, but not as frequent.
Wondering if I have the strength to play it at all when it keeps doing this. :(
Edited by Gulleko#2122 on 5/15/2012 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am having this problem as well. First starts with the game freezing and the sound stuttering for a second then the screen goes black for about a second then everything comes back and seems to catch up. Occasionally I get alt tabbed out and can't bring the screen up for several seconds. The same thing happened in the open beta. My gpu is a 9600 GSO. I will give the 50 fps limit a try.
Reply Quote
=======================EVERYONE TRY THIS !=======================
Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save the file and close it.
When you launch the game, you will still get the same “Unsupported graphics card” error that pops up. Press esc and the game will load.

Re
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
put my framerates at 45 and hadnt had any problems since
Reply Quote
Lowered to 50 and it still happens more than I would like. Not to mention that the game looks so choppy compared to when things were fluid at 150 fps.

I also tried changing the text file suggested above with the same result - still having problems!

Please come out with a fix for this soon Blizzard!
Edited by Rekoor#1982 on 5/15/2012 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
my turns black ans stays that way on the log in screen, i can only hear the music playing.

Using Nvidia Geforce GT525M

please help.
Reply Quote
Same Deal.... GeforceGTX 260
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Warrior
This is really frustrating. I was thinking I would buy a GTX 260 to hold me over until my new PC build in a few months, but from the sounds of it that card is having issues as well.
Reply Quote
Same prob w/ my GTS 250 as well...hope they come with a fix for this...seems to be a big issue with a lot of people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]