Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

Same problem for me, 9800 GTX+ with latest drivers etc. The 50 FPS trick didn't work, but going to windowed mode from full screen helped it a little, as in I can play a little before it freezes up, rather than insta-freezing. Tried re-installing and that didn't help either. I had NO issues with the beta and as far as I know this card IS supported, so this is really ticking me off.
Reply Quote
I got a fix for the flickering blackscreen and minimizing to desktop problem..But be warned, a new problem occurs later on as it has happened to me many times.

To get rid of that flickering issue I just went to my nvidia control panel > Performance >Device settings and turned everything down 50 Mhz.

A new problem occurs to me that after a while of playing, i get one black screen and then my FPS drops to an all-time unplayable low...

Same card GTS 250
Reply Quote
35 Tauren Warrior
The 50 fps trick did work for me, but I'd rather get reasonable FPS and this problem seems to be lingering for a lot of people despite lowering their FPS. Perhaps the emergency maintenance announced will fix it?
Edited by Tohnren#1780 on 5/15/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Same problem here. I'm using the GTS 250. Win 7 64 bit.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Bargom
The 50 fps trick did work for me, but I'd rather get reasonable FPS and this problem seems to be lingering for a lot of people despite lowering their FPS. Perhaps the emergency maintenance announced will fix it?

I hope so. But more than likely it is only fixing server/login/connection related issues. =(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
the only fix seems to be, dishing out 300$ for a new Video Card....But Blizz i meet the Recommended System Requirements... WTF~? and they screw me again...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Having this issue also. Using GTX 280
Reply Quote
8800GT (newest driver), same issue
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Moelock
the only fix seems to be, dishing out 300$ for a new Video Card....But Blizz i meet the Recommended System Requirements... WTF~? and they screw me again...

Not necessarily, there are people with 560's and such that are having the same issue. But if I DO basically have to get a new card I'll rage because my mobo can't support anything better (except a GTX 250, which the 9800 GTX and the 250 are essentially the same card). I bought this game under the distinct impression that my card was compatible, even on the low end of high or high end of medium settings. The beta ran FLAWLESSLY, and now this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/15/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Moelock

That won't fix it. I am getting the same problem and I am running an AMD HD 6970 which is the top of the line single GPU AMD card before the 7000 series.

The whole "limiting framerate" fix leads me to believe that the game engine is puking on cards that can actually pump out max framerates.

The weird thing is that I did not have this issue at all during the beta....
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
05/15/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Redacted

That won't fix it. I am getting the same problem and I am running an AMD HD 6970 which is the top of the line single GPU AMD card before the 7000 series.

The whole "limiting framerate" fix leads me to believe that the game engine is puking on cards that can actually pump out max framerates.

So you think it's on Blizzard side>?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Moelock

Absolutely, yes. Or maybe Nvidia.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I heard people had the same problem when SC2 was release... How long can we expect to wait till this issue gets address....?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Probably a combination of Blizz, Nvidia, and AMD. Since this was not an issue at all for me during beta, something must have changed in Blizz's code to bring this issue up.
Reply Quote
hopefully this gets fixed during the maintenance
Reply Quote

Probably a combination of Blizz, Nvidia, and AMD. Since this was not an issue at all for me during beta, something must have changed in Blizz's code to bring this issue up.

Agreed. That is the key that should make it easier for them to narrow it down; what changed between beta and retail? Maybe it was their optimization pass? I did hear a bunch about how beta WASN'T optimized and that retail would be. Maybe that is what happened, their attempt to optimize mucked things up somehow.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Same problem here. Win 7 64bit, GeForce 250GTS as well.
Reply Quote
Well the servers are back up I believe, as I got a patch downloaded......Didn't help.
Reply Quote
Downloaded the beta driver 301 for my GTS 250... praying to god that this will help for now :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]