Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

Same thing with a friend of mine. He went to bed (Europe), so I bump for him.
Reply Quote
Same issue here, funny thing is it was reported during the beta, yet Blizzard closed all of those threads and did not even bother to provide a fix. Thank you Blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Address this already. my god.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Rogue
Same problem here. Changing framerate or video options didn't help.
Reply Quote
ATTENTION:

Try checking the game resolution against the resolutions your monitor supports. I've had this problem show up in several games, only my Del monitor had the courtesy of telling me "Unsupported screen resolution" when it went black.
Reply Quote
8800 GTX Superclocked. Had constant bsod untill lowered FPS to 50, no crash since.
Reply Quote
I've got the same issue on a 7850
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Patch or whatever seemed to work for me....for now.
Reply Quote
GTS 250.....Same deal all around. I'm going to play my 360. What a load of crap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/15/2012 02:19 PMPosted by SpineRipper
8800 GTX Superclocked. Had constant bsod untill lowered FPS to 50, no crash since.

I never got a bsod, but turning my fps down to 50 has seemed to work for me so far. I don't consider this a permanent fix though.... With my card I should be able to run at over 100 fps with max everything no problem.
Reply Quote
Alright so I finally got this to go away for me, I have a GTS 250 and this has been going on all day, but I changed my vid settings to this and it hasn't done it AT ALL for like 2 hours+ now...

Fullscreen
All settings are on High
Foreground FPS is @ 50
Background FPS is @ 1
All boxes in video options are checked
Changed resolution to 1440x900(16:10 Widescreen) This is NOT my native monitor resolution...it's always 1680x1050

For some reason I think the resolution change was the thing that fixed it. I don't know why cause like I said my monitor uses 1680x1050 for everything. It kinda sucks and doesn't look as nice as my default resolution, but at least I can play the game now without it freezing and blacking out every minute.
Edited by Violentblur#1488 on 5/15/2012 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ATTENTION:

Try checking the game resolution against the resolutions your monitor supports. I've had this problem show up in several games, only my Del monitor had the courtesy of telling me "Unsupported screen resolution" when it went black.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
ATTENTION:

i don't think this is the problem, the Game heats up the GPU at the point that it shuts off, in my case right when my GPU hits 76c it happens.
Edited by Moethelock#1228 on 5/15/2012 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm sure its a temp issue also, but lowering my resolution must've lowered how much my GPU was working just enough to stop it. My card has ran much hotter in other games...dunno what the deal is.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Shaman
Ten
bump! response plz blizz. its working at 50 for some.. but for some its not.

mine is running at 23... !@#$ing stinks

gts250
Reply Quote
Tried the Nvidia beta drivers, didn't help. And my resolution was set to exactly what my monitors resolution is, so that wasn't the issue either.
Reply Quote
I have the exact same problem ITS SO FRUSTRATING AND STRESSFUL because it keeps going black and minimising.
Reply Quote
Display driver xxxxx stopped responding and was recovered thats what it comes up with and I have updated it.. still doesn't work
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Well my GPU seem to be stable at 72c at 22 FPS...
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Rogue
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]