Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Same issue for me, running GTX 285 GPU. The temps on my GPU will climb to about 96C when playing D3 but work fine on any other game. I also experience severe mouse lag when it happens, so for now I am going to avoid playing until a proper fix comes out. I really don't want to kill my GPU.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
bump...
Reply Quote
51 Troll Hunter
Same issue - AMD Radeon HD 6900. Switching to 50 FPS foreground fixed it, but the game is so choppy it's un-enjoyable.
Reply Quote
Same issue. Same G Card. A Blu post would be appreciated
Reply Quote
Same issue here. Nvidia gt 430
Reply Quote
51 Troll Hunter
Update: Manually overoad my fan speed and reset to 150 fps - no crashes. I think things were just overheating?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have the same issue, i7 930 / HD5870
I've tried 12.1/ 12.2 / 12.3 drivers.

Interestingly i had the same issue with MW3 and all i had to do was turn off tessellation But I cant seem to open up catalyst control panel any more.

This happens regardless of the graphic settings, even if I put everything to low, turn of aa.
at one point i could not get pass skeleton king, the game freezes -> black screen by the time it recovers I'm dead.

I removed all the ati drivers and somehow ended up with a 8.9 version released in 2011/8. this seems to stop it from freezing entirely and was able to play th game but I havent had a boss fight again yet.
Reply Quote
Same issue as everyone else. I turned FPS down and it ran for about 15-20 minutes without crashing, but still not good enough. Nothing in my machine is overheating.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Same issue- with a GeForce GTX 465. Tried changing every available option to high or low, with no success

Also updated/reinstalled drivers and reverted drivers in the event that it was an issue on this end.
Reply Quote
Can we get a blu post on this please?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
funny enough this never happened on the beta.
Reply Quote
I'm currently running 2 x GeForce 9800 GTX+ and have been seeing this issue constantly since open beta.

So far this seems to now be working for me:
NVIDIA Control Panel
Performance -> Device Settings

Change the cooling from Automatic control to Manual control (I have mine currently set to 80% and can hear the fans whirring away). I've been able to crank up the graphics settings again and so far have been far more stable.

There is clearly some optimization issues going on here but hopefully this will help others in the meantime.
Reply Quote
*You may need to install the nvidia performance tools before the cooling option shows up in the control panel.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 02:39 AMPosted by Moelock
same thng is happening to me 9800gtx my buddy has the same card his playing just fine...

This is my card and I'm getting this also. I updated my drivers and it seems to be worse now. The beta weekend played mostly fine for long periods.
Reply Quote
bump
Edited by Xuti#1520 on 5/15/2012 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I'm currently running 2 x GeForce 9800 GTX+ and have been seeing this issue constantly since open beta.

So far this seems to now be working for me:
NVIDIA Control Panel
Performance -> Device Settings

Change the cooling from Automatic control to Manual control (I have mine currently set to 80% and can hear the fans whirring away). I've been able to crank up the graphics settings again and so far have been far more stable.

There is clearly some optimization issues going on here but hopefully this will help others in the meantime.

I can't seem to find the option to change from auto to manual?
Reply Quote
I thought Blizzard Customer Support was supposed to be working around the clock for the D3 launch? How have we not gotten even a bloody nod in our direction advising that they are looking into it? I understand it is launch day and there will be issues, but something is obviously wrong and this should be addressed sooner rather than later.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Same thing on an 8800 GTX.
Reply Quote
I haven't fixed it, but reduced its impact by turning off SLI and droping the fps to 70. I can't believe a modern game is not compatible with SLI/Crossfire (per blizz)
Reply Quote
GTS 250 here, same issue. This was happening in beta too, probably needs a patch from Nvidia
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]