Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

spaghetto just posted a workaround for nVidia cards! Let's see if this works!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150755061?page=1#2
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Xenocide
spaghetto just posted a workaround for nVidia cards! Let's see if this works!

My graphics card (GTS 250) did not allow me to change any cooling settings as indicated in that workaround. Thanks but sorry, no help at all.
Reply Quote
ya didnt help me either
Reply Quote
Bump for a response!
Reply Quote
Regardless, the temporary solution is to either max out the fans to cool the card off OR play around with the threshold settings so the card can run at higher temps without blacking out. It does this to prevent it from melting down, but the fact it will just black out every 5-10 minutes just means the card is being pushed just over the default threshold. Pushing this up 10 degrees will likely fix the problem.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 08:01 PMPosted by SupRG
Regardless, the temporary solution is to either max out the fans to cool the card off OR play around with the threshold settings so the card can run at higher temps without blacking out. It does this to prevent it from melting down, but the fact it will just black out every 5-10 minutes just means the card is being pushed just over the default threshold. Pushing this up 10 degrees will likely fix the problem.

It's not an overheat issue. Many others have ran tests that disprove the fact that our GPUs are overheating.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Xenocide

It's not an overheat issue. Many others have ran tests that disprove the fact that our GPUs are overheating.

This. Mine Idles at 35 and D3 only pushes it to about 44 before it locks up.
Reply Quote
My card doesn't get very hot at all, and I get to play for 5-10 minutes and then its like rapid fire black outs out of no where.
Reply Quote
It is absolutely not an Overheat issue. I have tested my GPU's extensively during crashes. You may stop suggesting heat reduction as a solution.
Reply Quote
bump. 8 page thread. still no response
Reply Quote
51 Troll Hunter
05/15/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Zombox
It is absolutely not an Overheat issue. I have tested my GPU's extensively during crashes. You may stop suggesting heat reduction as a solution.

It is for some and was for me.
Reply Quote
bump. Thanks for all your help Blizz!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
05/15/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Belthasar
bump. Thanks for all your help Blizz!
Reply Quote
Changing this parameters in D3Prefs.txt gives you at least 15 minutes without blackouts, best record atm.
DisableTrilinearFiltering "1"
HardwareClass "1"

Blizzard, 10 years waiting for a broken game... shame on you
Reply Quote
I am having this same problem. Didn't have it in the beta. Tried the latest beta drivers; no change. Tried 6+ month old drivers; no change. I'll be minding my own business when the game locks up for around 5 seconds before flickering as though I were either alt tabbing or changing resolution. This is in windowed borderless mode, which is especially perplexing.

My card is not overheating and my drivers are not being restarted each time, by the way.
Edited by bluecardigan#1602 on 5/15/2012 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I am having this same problem. Didn't have it in the beta. Tried the latest beta drivers; no change. Tried 6+ month old drivers; no change. I'll be minding my own business when the game locks up for around 5 seconds before flickering as though I were either alt tabbing or changing resolution. This is in windowed borderless mode, which is especially perplexing.

My card is not overheating and my drivers are not being restarted each time, by the way.

Why did Blizzard address all other problem except this one........ Let's go Blizzard.. FASTER!
Reply Quote
I also have this problem with the 250. I'd imagine Blizzard is working on that bug + others. This one doesn't seem to be 100% critical as I can play the game just about fine since it flickers for me once every 10 minutes or so for only a few seconds. Annoying, but it didn't stop me from getting to level 11. (I'm a programmer so I feel their pain)
Reply Quote
I had a similar problem.
However I resolved it permanently. My screen runs at 60 hz, so I adjusted it to only go up to 60 hz, in the in-game options. It's the tab called foreground fps.

You should try and give it a go, can't hurt. Just remember that some screens do 50 hz and then you should try only adjusting it to that.
Reply Quote
Bump. How many other people have hit Request Sticky?
Reply Quote
Bump! I'm going to play Xbox and slander Blizz all over FB
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]