Diablo® III

Screen Turns Black and alt tabs me out.

Still waiting for a response Blizz, come on.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
so was this a dream.. was the release date really 15th may...himmm.. not rly?
Reply Quote
Hey guys. Try to run display as "Fullscreeen Windowed". It works for me.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:10 PMPosted by SOLDIER
Hey guys. Try to run display as "Fullscreeen Windowed". It works for me.

I've tried everything possibly on my end that I could. This is all up to Blizzard now but apparently they can't even keep the servers up long enough to address our issue.

Not that they feel it pertinent anyway.
Reply Quote
Myself I get to watch to video in the beginning with Cain being hit with the falling star, then I play. I however if I exit the game and go to relaunch it, all I get is a black screen with the sounds of crows and the diablo mouse pointer.....and eventually itll fail with a grey box that I have to type in what I was doing before it died. Now this will continue to occur every single time I launch the game unless I "Reset game preferences" through the options menu in the launcher. Then I can once again watch the video and continue where I left off. But once I exit and come back in.....black screen with mouse pointer.

Mine isn't ALT+TABing me back and forth I just get that

Forgot to note im on a Geforce GT 540m
Edited by KRYOGENIK#1929 on 5/15/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Same issues same card...GTS 250
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Same problem screen turns Black.....flashes to desktop returns to D3 and my corpse if I'm lucky...otherwise it crashes...NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Reply Quote
Bump. I've found alt+tabbing out buys you a few more minutes between instances.
Reply Quote
Any word on a fix for this yet? I have a 9800 GTX and getting the same problem
Reply Quote
I lowered my FPS to about 80 and enabled the V-Sync (to match up with your monitor's refresh rate) and that seemed to give me more time between problems. But realistically, again, this shouldn't be happening in the first place and I'll be waiting for official word/fix from Blizzard hopefully by the end of the week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ten
Bump it up
Reply Quote
Update: lowering the framerate into the 60-80 range lengthens the time between 'black screen of lags', but the problem still occurs often enough to make the game unplayable (every 4-5 minutes). I was in the closed beta and had no problems at that time. Hopefully this will be addressed soon or I'll have to go back to other games.
Reply Quote
same problem with gts 250
Reply Quote
Same issue here too.. Lags, flicks to black screen/desktop. GTS250. Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Same problem GEForce 8600
Reply Quote
With the EVGA Precision Tool (Nvidia GTX 260) I was able to bump my GPU fan speed up to 80% and played over an hour, full settings, no black screen. Happy to play, not happy to have to have jumped my fan that high. Please Blizz give us something for this. (Framerate 60)
Edited by Butters213#1945 on 5/16/2012 2:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
this should be stickied, it is clearly a widespread issue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]