Diablo® III

Oceanic Servers

We need Oceanic servers if they're going to make us play this online, getting higher pings than will be good for the harder levels of game.

We paid as much if not more as people from other parts of the world.

Show your support for Oceanic servers here.
Edited by Lollie#6501 on 5/15/2012 4:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed. Blizzard make millions of dollars from Australian and New Zealand customers, the least they can do is have a proper oceana server. It's been such a joke so far.
Reply Quote
Currently unplayable, and if I have endure substandard qualiy for the life of the game you can bet i'll never buy one of your games again.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Buying diablo 3 in australia is around $79 from blizz, buying US from the blizzard store $59.99

Pretty sure we are about 1:1 at the moment.

Also unplayable for me, when i can get it to start...
Reply Quote
Before we get told there's not enough of us to justify the expense and they'd have to subsidise us with other countries then so be it - sometimes you have to write off a cost in order to keep getting a good name.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
The only SWTOR servers that are constantly "Heavy" population are the local Oceanic ones ... Australia NewZealand has a very vibrant and viable gaming community and the ping times make a huge difference.
Edited by Rigermortis#6795 on 5/15/2012 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Druid
World of Warcraft didn't have Oceanic servers when it first came out either. In fact, I believe it took about 6 months before they first opened any up.
Yes, I know the Oceanic servers for WoW are not physically located in Australia, however more Oceanic players still went to them once they opened up, thus relieving some of the strain from US servers.
As great as a physically located Oceanic server would be (for both D3 and WoW) it's not something I see happening in the foreseeable future.
Reply Quote
It's interesting that EA is despised as a publisher, while Blizzard is revered. Yet which company gave us local servers for both SWTOR and Warhammer Online, games with lower player numbers than WoW or Diablo 3?

I'm tired of Blizzard claiming it's too expensive for such a small audience. EA proved otherwise; it's just that Blizzard don't think the profit margin is high enough to warrant Aussies and Kiwis getting the same quality service as the rest of the world.
Reply Quote
It's interesting that EA is despised as a publisher, while Blizzard is revered. Yet which company gave us local servers for both SWTOR and Warhammer Online, games with lower player numbers than WoW or Diablo 3?

I'm tired of Blizzard claiming it's too expensive for such a small audience. EA proved otherwise; it's just that Blizzard don't think the profit margin is high enough to warrant Aussies and Kiwis getting the same quality service as the rest of the world.

Yeah it's definitely a greed issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Yeah it's definitely a greed issue.

Have to agree.

The demand is obviously there, why can't they setup a hub for WoW, SC2 and D3 for Oceania?

Across three games there is more than enough to justify the cost.

I think Blizz owe it to us especially if they are going to force an online only model for a majority of players that want a single player game in D3.

Come on Blizz, treat your customers right
Reply Quote
Blizzard caring about Australian ping? I don't think that's ever going to happen. Admittedly it is really overly expensive to host a server in Australia thanks to our good friends at Telstra who own absolutely everything.

I see no reason however that there can't be a server hosted in SEA that's made Oceanic server. Pretty sure cost isn't a major issue in SEA and Aussies would get fantastic ping to it. I know it's never going to happen but I can dream.
Reply Quote
If you do Blizz, Internode have been looking at wanting this for ages afaik..
*sigh*

What i'd do for decent pings and local severs..
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Buying diablo 3 in australia is around $79 from blizz, buying US from the blizzard store $59.99

Pretty sure we are about 1:1 at the moment.

Also unplayable for me, when i can get it to start...

It's due to cost of living. American minimum wage for an adult is 7.50, Aus 19+ $15. We should consider ourselves lucky.
Reply Quote
AUSSIE SERVERS A MUST!!!
Reply Quote
EA haven't set up servers for in Australia for any of the games I play, ie. Fifa or NHL (for the team modes).

However, Blizzard should know that there are ISP's like iinet and internode that would probably host it for free, they've been hosting hundreds of games over the years as it brings in customers.
Reply Quote
Blizzard caring about Australian ping? I don't think that's ever going to happen. Admittedly it is really overly expensive to host a server in Australia thanks to our good friends at Telstra who own absolutely everything.

I see no reason however that there can't be a server hosted in SEA that's made Oceanic server. Pretty sure cost isn't a major issue in SEA and Aussies would get fantastic ping to it. I know it's never going to happen but I can dream.

I'm going to say 1 word and then leave: Singapore.
Reply Quote
I'm happy with playing on the American Servers. They have a lot more people so will have a better economy for the Auction House.

Plus I have a ton of friends in the States I'd like to play with.

I'm sure it'll be fine for us once the intial release hype calms down.
Reply Quote
I am happy with the game, however the service has been nothing but a disappointment.

I had to wait 2 hours to even play this game after release and I knew North America will go down eventually for maintenance.

Again NZ/AUS players affected by it...I hated WoW for this that I had to connect to US, just create servers in AUS already this is becoming a joke ping wise.

The fact that I cant even play single player is just not on.

So yeah game is great however I cant play it ... :(
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Rogue
if you think they care... think again... they got our money already ;)

the "oceanic" wow servers are a joke compared to SWTOR... we'll have to put up with this crap unfortunately...

i suggest looking into a ping lowering service like people use for wow... they actually do work... except it then means ur paying monthly to another company to play a single player game... which purely blows
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]