Diablo® III

Oceanic Servers

85 Night Elf Druid
Lol i remember when we tried this 7 years ago for WoW. Rumor is telstra fkd us, but now with iinet and internode here and 3 wow titles here blizz really should re-examine otherwise your really stuffing around your oceanic players blizz.
Reply Quote
I agree with most of comments in this thread >_< The southern hemisphere in general misses out on a lot of things.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
They still dont have dedicated servers based in AUS for wow. I would be surprised if they allowed it for D3
Reply Quote
78 Human Mage
agreed, but blizzard will never do it.

They are still making money off us, and that's the deciding factor for them.
Reply Quote
This is probably why pre ordering a game is bad idea .

If no one pre ordered , then there would be no where near the problems .

Also Blizzard would definately not want to get bad press about a game which no one had bought yet .
Reply Quote
Sadly, most players have pre-ordered the game and are stuck with it :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Lol, they wouldn't put servers in for a game that's about to expire. D3 on the other hand is fresh and has had over 10 years of anticipation globally, why not give a game like this Aus/NZ servers?
Reply Quote
Local AU/NZ servers would be amazing. Sadly Blizzard doesn't seem interested. (Except AU dollar, Blizzard is very interested in your money)
Reply Quote
We need an Oceanic Server they can do it and it is in their interest

1. Take Strain Off the Americas
2.We know they can afford it
3.People wont Flame Forums 24/7

Basically we pay more than the Americans and we have a strong gaming community down here. Bottom line if it doesnt get resolved people should get their money back (Online Only) is silly.
Im not the only Person who got a CE and I cant even play it.

The above sounds like im trolling im not just voicing my oppinion. Ive got to the End of Act II this game is great just feels like a slap in the face atm :(
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Lol I was going to say, why can SW:TOR have ACTUAL oceanic servers, and we're stuck with this crap...but half a billion other annoyed customers beat me to it:p
Reply Quote
Im trying hard not to sound like a whinging mouthbreather but the lag situation is rediculous. Australian gamers get ploughed on so many fronts, we pay more for games than most western countrys and our rating system is a joke. Just once it'd be nice not to be second-class citizens.

Give us a Oceanic server!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I get under 200 ms when i play so why is this such a problem for you guys?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Australians (including myself) have been playing WoW for 8 years without any major lag issues, so I don't really subscribe to this 'WE MUST HAVE OCEANIC SERVERS' malarkey.

For those of you who are complaining because the FIRST 22 HOURS of a AAA+ game release have had some teething issues, I refer you to the following reasons:

1. It's the first day, there are literally millions of people trying to log on ALL AT ONCE. Authentication servers get bottlenecked.

2. It's the first day, and a lot of Blizzard staff are probably running around like headless chickens trying to make sure everyone's experience is the best it can be.

3. It's the first day.

4. It's the first day.

Oh, and:

5. It's the first day.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
While an oceanic server would be great this game is more than playable at around ~200ms, more so that a latency dependent FPS. I also think it's narrow minded to put the lack of oceanic servers down to laziness or greed, there are more factors to consider about a company that has to operate internationally.

This wasn't a secret when you bought the game and I'm ashamed that the AUS/NZ representation on these forums has to join in the whining.
Reply Quote
World of Warcraft didn't have Oceanic servers when it first came out either. In fact, I believe it took about 6 months before they first opened any up.
Yes, I know the Oceanic servers for WoW are not physically located in Australia, however more Oceanic players still went to them once they opened up, thus relieving some of the strain from US servers.
As great as a physically located Oceanic server would be (for both D3 and WoW) it's not something I see happening in the foreseeable future.

it was more along the lines of 2 years, Oceanic servers came out with Burning Crusade.
and yes after playing swtor this kind of lag is a joke, but I don't expect any sort of support from blizz.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Nirita
Lol i remember when we tried this 7 years ago for WoW. Rumor is telstra fkd us, but now with iinet and internode here and 3 wow titles here blizz really should re-examine otherwise your really stuffing around your oceanic players blizz.

IIRC telstra actually offered to host WoW servers through GameArena not long after launch but blizzard said no. So it's actually the other way around.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Hunter
First Day so what

And blizzard knew this would happen but did nothing to stop it
really... 2 million played there Beta.
they should of done more to stop it
Edited by Hellfire33#1394 on 5/15/2012 10:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
First Day so what

And blizzard knew this would happen but did nothing to stop it
really... 2 million played there Beta.
they should of done more to stop it

You should learn how server infrastructures work before saying stuff like this.

Software that is used on Authentication servers bottlenecks connections so as to reduce vulnerabilities to DDoS attacks and the like.

When you have millions of people trying to log on all at once, you would LITERALLY need hundreds of thousands of Authentication servers to allow for 0 congestion.

The game has only been out 23 hours. In a week no-one will give a crap about the teething maintenance required in the first day.
Reply Quote
if you think they care... think again... they got our money already ;)

the "oceanic" wow servers are a joke compared to SWTOR... we'll have to put up with this crap unfortunately...

i suggest looking into a ping lowering service like people use for wow... they actually do work... except it then means ur paying monthly to another company to play a single player game... which purely blows

Hey Frixis

You that blizzard make billions pre year it's a fact

they do it but will they
last year portfolio for blizzard

Revenue
    US$4.755 billion (2011)

Operating income
    US$1.328 billion (2011)

Total equity
    US$10.492 billion (2011)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]