Diablo® III

Oceanic Servers

85 Orc Death Knight
This game is an ARPG. Even 200-300 ping is unacceptable and will have a very noticeable impact on gameplay. The only reason that the game is "playable" despite that ping is because most of it is ridiculously easy to start with, to the point that it just doesn't matter if you get hit by everything. Don't expect any Australians to be able to seriously go through Inferno, let alone make a hardcore character. I'm getting damaged by projectiles and area-of-effect attacks left and right that clearly didn't even come close hitting my character.

Blizzard, this is NOT acceptable. It's only passable in WoW because that game gives you a stupid amount of time to react to everything (and timers pre-empt every single area hazard - a lot of it is prediction, not reaction). It is NOT acceptable and NOT passable in an ARPG like Diablo. Fix it. Add Oceanic-based servers. If you're going to charge full retail price for a game, add the kind of support that any sane person can reasonably expect from such a game. I'm already feeling ashamed that I have given money to a developer so willing to so openly shaft such a large chunk of their audience. Australia is not a niche audience or some backwater country - they must have at least a million players here, and that's being extremely conservative.
Edited by Blighty#1955 on 5/16/2012 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Belial was EXTREMELY difficult I had to mash 1 (diamond skin) 3-4 times to save myself before the server would recognise I was pressing 1 and trigger the skill it was crazy. This is going to be a huge issue in the future
Reply Quote
Yet they give us no idea of what they are thinking or plan to do to help us....
Reply Quote
Terrible idea, no matter how "vibrant" a gaming community exists in Aussie/NZ the fact remains that you don't have the populations to warrant your own local servers. Any that Blizzard does open are going to be located in America and thus have the same ping as the American servers.

The entire population of Oceania is barely that of Canada's, which doesn't have its own server either.

Lag has not been a problem at all for me in Hamilton New Zealand on Slingshot. I get pings around 300-400 but haven't experienced any kind of lag in game. Perhaps those who are experiencing lag should upgrade their internet connections or look into getting a more gamer friendly ISP.
Edited by Saranis#1635 on 5/17/2012 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They need to just iron out the bugs that are making it unplayable. I remember having similar problems when their other games launched (althought d3 beta was fine), imo we just have to be patient until they get it all ironed out (As annoying as it is, and how long we have waited for the damn game) and yes I know they are experienced and should know better but whats happened has happened etc. Im just pissed because I have taken time off work to play it and im not whoring it as much as I had hoped (fingers crossed !@#$ changes)..

Althought servers in Aus or Singapore would be awesome, I don't see blizz even considering it (dreams are free though eh?)..
Edited by GrAvEy#1663 on 5/17/2012 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This game is an ARPG. Even 200-300 ping is unacceptable and will have a very noticeable impact on gameplay. The only reason that the game is "playable" despite that ping is because most of it is ridiculously easy to start with, to the point that it just doesn't matter if you get hit by everything. Don't expect any Australians to be able to seriously go through Inferno, let alone make a hardcore character. I'm getting damaged by projectiles and area-of-effect attacks left and right that clearly didn't even come close hitting my character.

Blizzard, this is NOT acceptable. It's only passable in WoW because that game gives you a stupid amount of time to react to everything (and timers pre-empt every single area hazard - a lot of it is prediction, not reaction). It is NOT acceptable and NOT passable in an ARPG like Diablo. Fix it. Add Oceanic-based servers. If you're going to charge full retail price for a game, add the kind of support that any sane person can reasonably expect from such a game. I'm already feeling ashamed that I have given money to a developer so willing to so openly shaft such a large chunk of their audience. Australia is not a niche audience or some backwater country - they must have at least a million players here, and that's being extremely conservative.
Spot on, top post.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
HOW CAN I SAY THIS.... PLAY ON THE ASIA SERVERS THEN! THE REASON YOU GET HIGH PING! is because you are located on the american ones.. not hard to figure out guys
Reply Quote
Terrible idea, no matter how "vibrant" a gaming community exists in Aussie/NZ the fact remains that you don't have the populations to warrant your own local servers. Any that Blizzard does open are going to be located in America and thus have the same ping as the American servers.

The entire population of Oceania is barely that of Canada's, which doesn't have its own server either.

Lag has not been a problem at all for me in Hamilton New Zealand on Slingshot. I get pings around 300-400 but haven't experienced any kind of lag in game. Perhaps those who are experiencing lag should upgrade their internet connections or look into getting a more gamer friendly ISP.

Incorrect the oceanic region is indeed large enough, even BioWare realised that, but we are not just talking about 200 to 300 pings, I can deal with that. It is the unpredictability of the pimg, ranging from playable to totally and utterly unplayable. I can deal playing on a US server (done it in every MMO), but the ping is asininely high and unplayable at at times, making the game totally um-enjoyable.
Edited by Wompoo#1402 on 5/17/2012 1:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Ceck
HOW CAN I SAY THIS.... PLAY ON THE ASIA SERVERS THEN! THE REASON YOU GET HIGH PING! is because you are located on the american ones.. not hard to figure out guys

Got you figured out sunshine and it smells like week old troll bait.
Reply Quote
+1 For Aus servers.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
+1 For Oceanic servers lag makes the game unbearable
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/17/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Saranis
in Aussie/NZ the fact remains that you don't have the populations to warrant your own local servers.

The population on the AU hosted SWTOR servers would say otherwise
Reply Quote
As I said in another thread, EA/Bioware have 3 local servers for The Old Republic.

Blizzard why don't we have local servers? Apparently your reasoning 7 years ago for not having WOW servers is that it was "Not economically viable". What are your excuses going to be now because as far as I'm concerned there are none because EA / Bioware have already proved that local Aussie Servers are infact economically viable.

If this BS lag continues I want my money back
Reply Quote
Blizzard caring about Australian ping? I don't think that's ever going to happen. Admittedly it is really overly expensive to host a server in Australia thanks to our good friends at Telstra who own absolutely everything.

I see no reason however that there can't be a server hosted in SEA that's made Oceanic server. Pretty sure cost isn't a major issue in SEA and Aussies would get fantastic ping to it. I know it's never going to happen but I can dream.

I'm going to say 1 word and then leave: Singapore.

I've tried connecting to Singapore servers before and the lag is even worse than connecting to NA.
Reply Quote
Just throwing in my vote.

Blizz, it was YOUR choice to force us to play online constantly, not ours. So it's on YOU to provide a decent service. Give us some proper support. EA can host local servers for games that have a fraction of the population you have, and somehow you can't?
Reply Quote
Oceanic servers would be nice, getting sick of the 300+ ping with spikes up to 1000ms.

(hating the rubber band effect)
Edited by Skippy#6635 on 5/17/2012 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support us Australian gamers! Give us a server!
Reply Quote
The level of crying in this thread is too damn high
Edited by Squnny#1906 on 5/17/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]