Diablo® III

Multitude of Errors - Installing

90 Human Mage
I'm noticing many errors with the Digital download launch of Diablo 3, which is to be expect with any new release i suppose, but instead of just whining on the forums, begging / demanding for refunds i thought i'd try to help people with solutions that I've found to work for me.
Right now, i'm still stuck with error #3(Unreadable disk / dirty disk), any help would be appreciated.

Errors I'm getting
  • - Checking for updates stuck -[Fixed]
    -Turn on 'Secondary logon' @Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\services
  • - Corrupt d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ file -[Semi-Fixed]
    -Delete the MPQ file and restart the download
    OR
    -Replace it with the file at this website: http://blizzard.vo.llnwd.net/o16/content/d3-pod-retail/NA/8370.direct/Updates/d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ] Before i downloading this file, and replaced it with my old MPQ file i couldn't get past ~35MB downloaded before it gave me an error.
  • - Unreadable disk Error while downloading the digital version -[No fix Found]
    -Might be caused by the new MPQ file, because that's when i got this error. I was able to get to 2% ~200mb Downloaded before it started to crash, and give me this error.
  • Errors i haven't experienced
  • Anything to do with logging in / in-game(Haven't gotten past the download)
  • Does not meet system requirements / Need updated OS
  • Solutions I have tried but didn't help me
  • I have already completely uninstalled the game, and all of the files multiple times (from both the 'uninstall / change programs' option, and the built in Diablo3 uninstaller.)
  • I have deleted the 'Battle.net file at least 20+ times to no avail
  • Edited by Metacor#1567 on 5/15/2012 8:42 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    My computer isn't the best, but i'm pretty sure that it would be able to run D3
    PC Specs:
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 840 Processor 3.20GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    How do I delete my MPQ file? I am having the same problem as the second one you listed.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Updates on your computer, (or wherever your Diablo folder is) and the MPQ file should be there.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]