Diablo® III

Stuck - can't progress "Trailing the Caravan

On Trailing the Caravan (find Khazra Staff) - playing WD. Found the caravan, clicked and the animation of the staff/caravan progressed BUT no staff dropped... I'm stuck and cannot move past the "Find the Khazra Staff" indicator.

Help?!
Reply Quote
Just had the same thing happen to me (solo game). The box popped off the cart but was unclickable.
Edited by Eoyote#1377 on 5/15/2012 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Now when trying to restart quest, I am Error 25009 on ALL characters... I'm guessing we're down? :(
Reply Quote
same here. getting pissed
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just experienced the same problem in a 2 player co-op game. Posts on other sites have said starting a fresh game and trying again fixes it...will update when I have tried it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Yep, it's a bug. Just leave the game and restart the quest from the woman outside the spider cave.
Reply Quote
I've had the same thing happen.
Reply Quote
Just had this happen to me. No issues when I played co-op with another toon last night, though.
Reply Quote
Quest: "Trailing the Coven" - "Find Staff of Khazra" - Solo play

Clicked on wagon and the staff did not drop and can not advance in game.

Character type: Demon Hunter
Follower: Templar
Edited by Launcelot#1173 on 5/16/2012 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Happened to me too, had to restart the quest.
Reply Quote
Playing as barbarian, unable to proceed. As reported, staff does not drop once clicking on the cart.
Reply Quote
Happened to me. I made a new game (which resumed at the check point super close to the staff) and it dropped just fine the second time. Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hey guys,

We are actively researching this issue. Answering this question will really help us out. When you clicked on the cart, did goatmen ambush you?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
Similar issue, My public game quests wont update passed this quest.

Wonder if I got lucky and had a groupmate able to complete, and thus moved me forward without saving it? /confused
Reply Quote
@Vasadan:
Yes, I was ambushed by goatmen as soon as I clicked on the cart.
Reply Quote
I was fighting a single goatman and a tree when I clicked on it. The cart flew open but no item or additional goatmen appeared.
Reply Quote
Same issue. Click and no staff, also no ambush. I can see the 3 blinds near where they should pop out, but it just doesn't happen.

Solo player, softcore.
Edited by Hippolytus#1733 on 5/17/2012 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same issue playing with a Monk with the paladin follower.

I believe it happened because I've touched the staff from behind the caravan (still on the Hill, check the pic), and then the Staff fell, without me picking up. Using the Barbarian before I was able to get thru that quest, and casually I've touched from the right side.

Screenshot: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/screenshot000kx.jpg/
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
Same thing happend to me. No goatmen attacked me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]