Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Gift

c'mon blizzard this was gonna be a b-day present for my dad's 60th (yeah he is that cool) but now its gonna be botched.
Reply Quote
I think right now you can only gift it by sending them money or buying a physical copy (on Amazon or the like). It seems like currently there is no way to buy someone else the digital-only version. (But once they get their key, they can download instead of install from disk)
Reply Quote
73 Human Death Knight
I really hope Blizzard allows us to gift the digital version of Diablo 3 as well as the Mists of Pandaria expansion on release day through their website. I imported the Diablo 3 Collectors Edition and it cost me an additional $425.31. That's about $67.51 USD. The breakdown of costs in local currency is

FREIGHT: $139.96
INSURANCE: $19.35
CUS DUTY: $140.00
IMPORT VAT: $126.00

Also, Paypal doesn't support my country and sending money through the bank to an online friend is more trouble than it's worth taking into consideration the additional transaction fees. So overall buying from the online store is significantly cheaper and quicker.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Shaman
I want to gift the diablo standard edition to a friend.... but cant =((
Reply Quote
Id like that option aswell!

But for now, I can only see 2 options.

1. Buy the physical version and give it away.. Physically you know..
2. Give your friend a "giftcard" where it says what he/she will get. And log in together, pay, and get the game?
Reply Quote
I also would like to buy it as a gift but there is no option.
Too bad.
Reply Quote
It's almost comical how user unfriendly and idiotic the battle.net site is. It shows a certain degree of apathy mixed with some blatant stupidity.

Unable to gift a multiplayer online game? Seriously?

I have to buy a hard copy and ship it? What % of people (like me) opt not to entangle friends into a game based on that extra degree of difficulty sending it to them? Even if it's 1%, that missed revenue is huge - these people running the website and online store are not that swift.

Perhaps you should take some notes from your far superior counterparts.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to add my name to this petition! Now i just set up a Battlenet account with his Email and let him change the account info when i give him his password?
Reply Quote
Y U NO LET US GIFT BLIZZARD?
Reply Quote
73 Human Death Knight
Do we really have to wait a month before we can gift the digital version of D3 so brick and mortar stores don't lose sales on physical copies?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I also would like to gift Diablo 3. If this is something that is "in the works" it would be nice to find an official statement that confirms it.
Reply Quote
Bump for a blue response.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
Bump for justice
Reply Quote
Would it be possible if my friend buys a physical copy, and just gives me the serial key and I use that serial key???

Would that work??????????

He's trying to gift it for me.
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
"Humpty"

Common everybody, do the bumpty! the bumpty bump!
Reply Quote
add another player to the list who was going to gift a digital copy to a friend...
Reply Quote
Why wont you at least answer, even a "We are working on it", "It has not been decided" or even "I pity the fool who thinks they can gift Diablo III" would suffice. It's the lack of responses on any of the forums that irks me.
Reply Quote
4 Worgen Druid
Currently having this problem, im quite amazed Blizz would leave this option out... Comparing Blizz to Valve has always been tough, but Steam has always been aware and responsive to these sort of errors, and I dont pay them jack monthly...

Blizzard however...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]