Diablo® III

Radeon HD 4570

90 Orc Shaman
Seem to have an issue here. Last night after installing, the game told me that my drivers might be out of date. After going and downloading the latest catalyst suite i thought i would be good to go. However, it seems that graphically i am still having issues with my characters textures, and the login screen will occasionally become "checkered" in the corners. I went back to the AMD site, downloaded the auto detect and ran it. It confirmed that i have the latest drivers for my card. I checked the supported and unsupported lists and neither list has my exact number on it. Would like a little feed back if possible. Thank you.

p.s- Great game so far...still pretty excited to get in there
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
-bump, cause my post seemed to have dropped like a whole page in a minute. busy day =P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
-bump
Reply Quote
ATI/AMD have released a hot-fix driver that might help:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst124ahotfix.aspx
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
just download that, and it did nothing to fix anything.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I am not really sure. This game seems to support almost everything down to integrated graphics(not to say you should be playing with igp though). It should work.

Also, if you are inexperienced, dont just go by what some game tells you about your drivers. Newer drivers arnt necessarily better and messages like that dont necessarily mean theres an issue. If you do some research youll see there are actually some issues with the newer cat drivers.

However, with all the above said, if you had issues with first sets of drivers and still have issues with the new drivers, you may have a failing video card.... "checkered" textures and stuff is a sign of a card dying. I am not saying that is the cause but, it could be.

PS: I run a AMD 5770 with old 12.1 cats and dont have any issues at all. I never upgrade drivers unless theres a dire need to or clearly documented performance increases.

A 4570 is a pretty low end video card as well.
Edited by fallengod#1475 on 5/15/2012 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The checkered textures only happen with D3. So i don't think the card is dying, rather a rendeing issue with the game. I have another issue though. I have installed cata suite twice now, and it still says version 8....how do i get 12.1?! it won't download it...no clue what's going on there.
Reply Quote
Not sure what to say. I saw the same driver warning with my 4670, ran dxdiag, but ignored updating for now because I wanted to see if it behaved or not first. I have not had an issue with it (many issues with anything server related...). Have been running the game on medium-high settings at 1680x1050 though I've only quick-tested most classes and played a DH to lvl 7 so far. FYI my (non updated) driver version is 8.850.0.0 dated as 4/20/2011 (if you are really desperate you could see if a manual install of that is available). I am on win7 pro.

Hope maybe that can give a clue. Sorry I can't help more.
Reply Quote
Moka, I have a radeon 4200 with the same problems.

I uninstalled ALL of my drivers and it works fine.

Not sure which driver broke D3 for ATI, but I can tell you if you roll back to factory specs it WILL work.

cheers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]