Diablo® III

Blizzard deleting threads on launch fail

I've been in the midst of reading 3 threads now that have been deleted, presumably by the Blizzard admins, while I was reading them. I wonder how long this one will last.

Personally I'm very disappointed with having spent $100 for a game that I can't play due to inept load planning.
Reply Quote
I've been in the midst of reading 3 threads now that have been deleted, presumably by the Blizzard admins, while I was reading them. I wonder how long this one will last.

Personally I'm very disappointed with having spent $100 for a game that I can't play due to inept load planning.

This^

Tons of threads now missing.

I'm pissed off because we're forced into playing (by playing I mean waiting) on a server with ping issues and downtime when we should be playing direct on our nice, fast computers...and playing now =)

It's a single player game ffs.
Edited by Lollie#6501 on 5/15/2012 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Calm down

So many angry ragers out there right now.

They plan for the long term load not the short term hyped up everyone play at once load that's happenning right now.

It'll be ok. Just go watch a movie or something and be happy you aren't stuck at work for another 9 hours before you can even have a chance at playing.
Reply Quote
I come to this particular forum to get away from whiney posts that seem to flood the general forum, but I'm starting to be disappointed.

Firstly why did you spend $100 on a game you could have got for $55 AUD?

Secondly most Blizzard games are extremely popular, should they have leased an extra server farm or 5 for launch week? Yeah, maybe. But if you're going to 'rush to be the first to play' like the half a million or so other people, then expect congestion and issues.

As for deleting threads, personally I'm all for it if that threads don't have any value. If they're constructive threads being deleted, then I agree its an issue.

As for lag referred to by the 2nd poster - I've been playing with a 360ms ping and guess what, you DON'T notice any lag. It plays and feels the same as single player Diablo and Diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Get over it, they'll fix it soon.

If you have a problem, take it back to the store and get a refund.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
Time is money
Reply Quote
Firstly why did you spend $100 on a game you could have got for $55 AUD?

Secondly most Blizzard games are extremely popular, should they have leased an extra server farm or 5 for launch week? Yeah, maybe. But if you're going to 'rush to be the first to play' like the half a million or so other people, then expect congestion and issues.

I'm in NZ, $100NZ is the price for the standard pack. I'm not into WOW so don't get any discounts through that.

With all the build hype and the length of time Blizzard have had to prepare for this launch I think an expectation of actually being able to play it is reasonable. I work in a Corporate environment that has network services with literally millions of connections accessing them daily. Load planning is an essential part of ensuring an acceptable customer experience is delivered to retain customers, Blizzard have obviously failed on that point.
Reply Quote
Stop whining,the game's freaking awesome. You kids of today are never satisfied. I remember the C64 days where you had to load a game from a cassette and it sucked. Be happy that your parents are weak enough to allow you to even own the game.
Reply Quote
Estimated time till deletion....

Big Brother is watching you
Edited by Urthor#6728 on 5/15/2012 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Go to work do something with ur life and stop complaining about every single miss happen if ur disapointed get ur money back seriously stop sooking over the first 24 hours of launch we all knew it wasnt gonna be perfect at the start
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]