Diablo® III

Thank god no HC yet.

Eventually, perhaps, but not yet.

I died 3-4 times in A1. Got really unlucky with some rare and unique savage beasts, goatmen, and trees.

Anybody else apprehensive about beginning hardcore before they know the ropes because of this?
Reply Quote
The only time I came very close to dying was on A1 end boss fight. I was trying to get the achievement for killing him whilst stunned and while I was running around waiting, I got to really low health with heal and potion on cooldown.

Turns out achievement is nightmare and above only >.<

Reading fail.
Reply Quote
Dont you have to get to level 10 before you can even choose to start a hardcore character
Reply Quote
Nope, started HC as soon as I hit 10 and am about to beat act 4 (please let me back on servers). Haven't even come close to dying yet!
Reply Quote
I only had a couple hours to play :( got a barb to lvl 10 quickly then made my HC Monk (which #%%!s face) and just demolished the Leoric! Got 2 rings that increase attk speed by 10% so i'm attacking like a beast!
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 01:44 PMPosted by BazDefunct
Nope, started HC as soon as I hit 10 and am about to beat act 4 (please let me back on servers). Haven't even come close to dying yet!

Barb or Monk?
Reply Quote
Well, keep in mind that you're not really playing like a hardcore player. Even if you're 'testing' for hardcore, you're not. When death is permanent, every decision is given a bit more thought, every stat is considered. You move more slowly and cautiously and pick your skills differently.

Personally, I am LOVING playing the game through the first time on hardcore. It's not just the death now, it's the complete unknown. My friend and I have no idea what to expect when we start a boss fight. The only thing we can do is have lots of defensive abilities, stack vit, and hope for the best! I've never had a bigger thrill in a video game.
Reply Quote
I did a SC normal play through on my WD. The only time I died was 3 times to the A2 boss, almost there on my HC wizard and nervous as heck
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]