Diablo® III

Nvidia Geforce 9500 gt

When i try to run the game my screen turns black and tell me a message that says: Imput not supported. Why is this happening? I searched a lot of posts but i can't see them cause they doesn't exist... Need help pls.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I have an Asus Geforce 9500 GT as well and I have the same problem. I uninstalled my display drivers and reinstalled the latest drivers. I also downloaded the web installer for direct X and it said I had the latest version of Direct X as well. I'm pretty much out of ideas now. Currently running Windows Vista ultimate with SP2
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
"Correction" Actually, the problem I had was similar but not the exact same. Sorry about that. The title screen works but when I start playing my game pauses and the screen turns black. It does this after a few seconds when I'm moving around and gradually becomes worse until it's constant.(Goes black, then it works for 2 seconds, then it goes black again... rinse repeat...) I don't remember seeing any cursor on my screen like others mentioned when it goes black (Can't check because servers down). When I alt tabbed during a black screen there was a yellow triangle icon beside the windows clock. It said "Display driver failed (name of driver) and has now recovered".

I'm running windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 and Direct X 10. (I think 11 is windows 7 only)
Asus Geforce 9500 GT (296.10 driver)
2 gig of ram DDR2
AMD athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1Ghz dual core.
Reply Quote
No1 has found a solution to this yet?

I have Geforce 9500 and bought the game thinking it was compatible, but now when i try to play it, the game is only displayed in a box in the top left corner of the screen. I made sure my drivers and direct x were up to date. It should be running.
Reply Quote
I can play fine on linux (wine 1.5.5, nvidia driver) with:

GeForce 9500 GT
Intel Core i5 750 (4 cores, 8 MB Cache)
16 GB RAM (that is a LOT more than diablo needs)

I currently play on high detail and native LCD resolution (1280x1024), but I am not sure yet if there is a connection with random short lags in multiplayer. It wasn't a problem in the starter edition and I think it just might be network related.

My card has no fans itself, but I have huge fans for the tower. Might be a heat issue for you.
Reply Quote
Anything contructive you wanted to tell?

Yes, it is no "gaming system" and yes, diablo 3 runs great.
Reply Quote
06/03/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Rannith
GeForce 9500 GT Intel Core i5 750

lol

me too.

Did you recycled that 9500 from an older rig?

That's a matter of opinion..

nah man... lol just do what you do....lol
im just here laughing ignore me if you must.

Popcorn and candy time.
Edited by zKrieg#1561 on 6/4/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No recycling, but I specifically wanted a gfx card without fans (passive). These small fans (high rpm) are a major annoyance, especially when they get older.

I built the system in 2009. Core i CPUs were quite new, back then. (I upgraded the memory later on)

The gfx card is 512 MB DDR2 128bit.

Yes, I know. Hardcore gamers build a new high end machine every year :-P
But this is really not necessary for diablo 3.
Reply Quote
No recycling, but I specifically wanted a gfx card without fans (passive). These small fans (high rpm) are a major annoyance, especially when they get older.

I built the system in 2009. Core i CPUs were quite new, back then. (I upgraded the memory later on)

The gfx card is 512 MB DDR2 128bit.

Yes, I know. Hardcore gamers build a new high end machine every year :-P
But this is really not necessary for diablo 3.

No i agree 100%. i built my i7 late that same year.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Pescarranas
screen turns black and tell me a message that says: Imput not supported

Sounds like the game is trying to run a resolution that isn't support by your monitor. Maybe check out the d3prefx.txt file and see what resolutions it has set in there, and maybe try forcing windowed mode in order to correctly set your resolution and then go fullscreen.
Reply Quote
I have GeForce 9500 GT video card and game was runjning good yesterday; now i get error that video card is not supported by diablo III. I did no changes to system from yesterday! What could be the issue? They decided that this card should no longer be supported by game?

(i installed latest drivers and still nothing good)
Reply Quote
same issue. i submitted a ticket. seems like a bug released in latest patch. GTX260. Working fine yesterday
Reply Quote
I have an Nvidia GeForce 9500s and I'm having the same lag and choppy gameplay, we all seem to have 1 thing in common, the 9500, which Is telling me we need to upgrade. **Although** I didn't have this problem until recently...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]