Diablo® III

Running Multiple Instances of Diablo 3

85 Human Paladin
I'm looking for a way to run multiple instances of D3 on the same machine. My wife and I share 1 computer and use a program that allows multiple logins at the same time, we play WoW this way with no problems.

Is there some way to make it so that the d3 exe will allow multiple instances like WoW?

I know that i could use vmware, sandiebox, buy another computer etc etc, however I don't want to do any of these. There should be no reason that multiple instances cannot be run at the same time.

Looking for a CS respose, or someone else from Blizzard, or if someone in the community has figured out a way please post.

Thank you
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So nothing? Not even a blue reply?
Reply Quote
hac@*@@*@errrrrr :D
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Lorus ,

There are no supported methods for doing that. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that we can't help you do it or support any problems that arise.

I pray that you guys are having a good day even if the !@#$ hit the fan this day.. I Hope you can find the solution for 3006 because iam so ready to continue playing Diablo3.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Reply Quote
Lorus, can u tell me please what a program allows multiple logins at the same time and how you solved the keyboards, mice and output on lcd? Thank you.
Reply Quote
^ I would be really interested in knowing the program as well. Currently I'm trying to figure out how to do this so me and my girlfriend can play at the same time on my computer.
Reply Quote
Yah. good job bro. You just succeeded in getting your account flagged for hacking.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 04:58 AMPosted by Lorus
There should be no reason that multiple instances cannot be run at the same time.

Why? Do you do this with WoW atm?

You answered your own question any way: virtualization
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4211005811

Nick posts:

Create a shortcut to the exe rather than the launcher and add -launch to it.
Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Oracle has an open license program called Virtual Box that allows you to make multiple virtual pc's on one physical machine. The program already takes care of switching mouse keyboard etc., and easy switching between virtual pc's. :) Have fun!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
05/28/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Kurvy
Oracle has an open license program called Virtual Box that allows you to make multiple virtual pc's on one physical machine. The program already takes care of switching mouse keyboard etc., and easy switching between virtual pc's. :) Have fun!

Virtualbox is, indeed, very very delicious. OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM. XP Pro SP3 with the right guest additions and jump through the hoops to pass the 2d/3d rendering off to the host machine's GPU and you don't even know you're virtualized!

Don't try this on anything less than a Quad core with 8GB of ram though, obviously.

You'll also have to tinker with the D3prefs.txt file to make it not scream about unsupported video...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
funkengine please for the love of god tell me the jumps and hoops you had to go through i tried for hours the other day to get it to work
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We use a program called Softxpand Duo. It does everything for you. You simply create a 2nd login and go. I have 2 video cards installed, I use 1, she uses another. We both have separate keyboards/mouse. I also installed a sound card and setup a little pair of speakers for her.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]