Diablo® III

d3-0-9958-Win-final.MPQ is Corrupt

85 Human Priest
Halp!

The installer gets to about 78% then I get this message.

"ERROR: The File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Updates\d3-0-9958-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again.

What exactly do I need to do, as I'm not a fan of having to re-download 7GB of data again... any quick fix I could try? Any help is appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I had the same problem. Guess what I'm doing? Redownloading. I've already spent 2 hours on the Updating glitch, to Hell with work arounds.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926864254
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Even if I delete the file from the folder, and let the installer re-download it, I'm still getting the issue...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
http://blizzard.vo.llnwd.net/o16/content/d3-pod-retail/NA/8370.direct/Updates/d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ

Enter that site in your web browser, allow the file to download and save to your computer. Once file is downloaded, right click Diablo 3, open file location, find and open the updates file, delete the d3-0-9558-Win-final.MPQ file that is in there, then copy and paste the new file that was just downloaded into the updates file. After doing this, run Diablo 3 as administrator, and the download should work just fine.
Do not delete the file and then just rerun the downloader, as this will just redownload the corrupt file.
Since your download seems to be with 9958(unless it was a typo), just substitute 9958 for 9558 in the link.
Edited by JDub82#1838 on 5/15/2012 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just deleted the MPQ file and ran the launch.exe file as administrator and it worked. At the rate I'm downloading 56kbp so it's probably gonna take at least a day to download.
Reply Quote
when you say right click on diablos 3 do you mean the disk when its in the computer or when that pop up comes our when you put it in and its the set up then document file and picture icon cause i can't find the file location thinge and im bad with technology lol
Reply Quote
The diablo 3 icon on your desktop.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]