Diablo® III

Error 317002

Can't play a single player game because of server issues...

derp
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Mage
this is one of the worst launches i have ever seen so much work go into.
Reply Quote
I picked up a physical hard copy and got home at 10:30am PST... I won't be able to play until 1:30pm PST. Thats just enough time for me make a character and then go straight to work. Blizzard you suck so hard.
Reply Quote
Make a character after 1 hour of trying to create it... do a few quests log out. Now this.

"Update in an hour" and it's still a problem lol
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Gigáwatt

I guess you weren't around for the SWTOR launch. That was some painful shiz there.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:21 PMPosted by BigPax

I guess you weren't around for the SWTOR launch. That was some painful shiz there.

You must have tried playing on a high pop server, cause I was playing the night of launch. It was the stress test weekends that were a nightmare.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
this is ridiculous i spent 1hr just trying to get logged in i create a character now i cant play wow yay me of course this is gunna happen!!
Reply Quote
when i try to start playing the game i get an Error 317202 code. what does that mean?
Reply Quote
i have spent all freaking day trying to get some gamplay but i guess i'll go to bed then :/
Reply Quote
geez, this error just killed my excitement!
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 12:29 PMPosted by MomStealer
i have spent all freaking day trying to get some gamplay but i guess i'll go to bed then :/

i stopped my tabletennistraining for this !@#$...
Reply Quote
Mine worked earlier but not anymore.....Way to go Blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
05/15/2012 11:51 AMPosted by BigPax
No use in getting upset. I was prepared for this. I am not surprised given the volume of people who are trying to play right now. Give them time, they will fix it and we all be playing soon enough.

The thing is, this situation was completely avoidable. Most players are doing single-player mode anyway. You won't even need to interact with anyone in-game.

It's the exact same type of adventure as its older brethren. It's not an mmo. It's a standalone story. It's one of the oldest kinds of computer games.

Single-player adventures on PCs date back to old floppies and before. You load up the program. Type in a command at the prompt and you go. It's the sort of thing you do when you can't get a D&D group together, but still want an adventure anyway. Modems weren't required then and they aren't required now. Until today.

Having server problems for a game that is a single-player adventure at its core is complete rubbish.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
In the words of Illidan, dear Blizz, "You.. Are not.. Prepared!!!"
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I got the same error. then i read that they are doing emergency service on their servers and if in beta this meant the servers went down then that's what it is. the post said they should be back online at 1:30pm PST so hopefully in 40 minutes it'll be working again :S
Reply Quote
Sony has better opening days...
Reply Quote
They are one more delay away from me telling everyone I know and they know...not not buy this game because of support issues...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]