Diablo® III

Error 317002

05/15/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Xconvict
so couldnt log in last night server to full and today i try and get this................hhhhhmmmm did anyone not beta test this game? Did they not try to work out stuff before going live ? I mean blizz isnt new to mmo's so how could we get 100 errors the first day? Anyhow I guess I will just try again and again and again and again......

If theres one thing I know about a technical roll out it doesnt matter if you spend 10 years and millions of dollars preparing for that one moment, the second you go 'live' with actual user interaction everything can and will go wrong and all you can do is pray and hope its a couple small things.
Reply Quote
Getting it too. Started playing at around 5:30am PST, stopped about 90 minutes ago, and now can't get in.
Reply Quote
I have this as well.
Reply Quote
Same error started about 1000 PST.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765603#1
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
its launch day 10 hours in you need to cut them some slack... There are millions playing worldwide right now there are bound to be hitches for the next couple days.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Guys...there's a post in game that says servers will be down for an hour for emergency maintenance. Don't know when that hour started though
Reply Quote
Well i want to thank blizzard, what a nice launch! at 3h01h46 my witch doctor was born ^^

3h01h46 - start
7h00h00 - 1h pause
12h30h00 - 30min pause

so i got 7h40 gametime with only 5-6 lag of 1sec ^^

at my return error 317002, so now i go sleep 1hrs !

Fix it fast ! TY !
Edited by Sebulba#1607 on 5/15/2012 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't even got to play at all yet.. Last night every time I tried logging in it said bnet was down.. then i tried a few hours later and it said the servers were busy.. then I tried again this morning, hoping I would finally get to play, then I get this error right when I click "start game"...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Said they are performing emergency maintenance for all D3 servers to resolve several issues currently impacting the game. This maintenance may cause some interruption in communication, ability to log in, use of game features, etc.
Reply Quote
SAME THING !!!!
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Shadowfist
geez people stop raging, it's day one, this happens with every game.. expecting a perfect launch is just ignorant.

No, this does not happen on every game. so, excuse us for expecting even a single player game to work properly. I can name half a dozen diablo-clones that had fully working single player on release day.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Alustrielle
geez people stop raging, it's day one, this happens with every game.. expecting a perfect launch is just ignorant.

to be accurate, this is only happening to games "nowadays" >>;

blizz used to be about pure quality which is why its forgiveable to give them alot of time on development but on release its as buggy as an elder scrolls game and im disappointed.

Either ways, im getting the same error, everything was going well, i played to act 2 then i just upgraded my annual pass Diablo 3 to Collector's edition. i logged out and could not log back in thanks to this error.

Ummm I don't know if you remember, but Diablo 2 servers were down most of the time during the first couple days. The 'bugs' you are referring to are the servers because millions of people are playing and logging on and putting stuff on the AH. not the game, let Blizzard fix their !@#$ and quit complaining.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:30 AMPosted by FOUOH2O
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765603#1

^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I'm in this boat as well. Hope they fix soon.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This error is related to the maintenance currently being done. We'll update the announcement thread in an hour.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765603

Check your G-diffuser system!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
10: 22 a.m. PDT- We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for all Diablo III servers to resolve several issues that are currently impacting the game. This maintenance may cause some interruption in communication, ability to log in, use of in-game features, and disconnections. We anticipate all servers will be available for play in approximately 1 hour.

Thank you for your patience.

just for anyone that wanted to know :)
Reply Quote
got home from work.. installed the game.. error!!. T_T sad
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:28 AMPosted by VIPER
Y exactly did they make it required to be connected to battlenet to play single player? So stupid..

The "official" reasons were stupid - "if we have offline single player, some players will make characters and then want to take them online later only to find out they can't, which makes them sad. To avoid that 'problem', we'll just make it so you can't play offline single player at all."

The "real" reasons are twofold: to reduce piracy, and to make it so that you are always connected to the real-money auction house, that you might be tempted and Blizzard might get a cut of the profit if you buy something.
Reply Quote
I was playing just fine since launch. I went to school to take a final, logged back in and got the error 317002.

----Lesson: I should have stayed home. School is for losers if it cuts in Diablo time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]