Diablo® III

ATI Mobility Radeon 5870

I have an ASUS G73JH with an ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 video card. The card and computer should be able to handle everything diablo 3 has to throw at it, but I had this issue during the beta as well where my computer would randomly crash, straight to black screen and then no prompt when I start it up again, it just starts normal. It only does this with diablo 3. Starcraft 2 works perfectly and hasn't crashed once. Also, all drivers are up to date.
Edited by Loki#1415 on 5/15/2012 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I have the same comp with same issue, any help would be very appreciated.
Reply Quote
same...
Reply Quote
I have the same exact laptop, and I have not had ANY issues.
- Minus the servers being down-
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
what drivers are u running for your card, what bios version are you running please.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Exact same problem, exact same laptop and video card. Although it did prompt me to update my drivers first time logging in, tried to ignore it but the random computer crashes is what happened. Even worse is I tried updating my drivers using a client through AMD catalyst control and it BSOD'd on me, and now when I run -> dxdiag it won't even display that I have drivers, its all n/a and i can't even play WoW or D3 now. Bummer....
Edited by Steezz#1166 on 5/16/2012 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same problem.

Same computer, same video card, same problem.

I have put a ticket in and linked to this thread, hopefully everyone gets replies.

frustrating, because the times between crashes are amazing, but my buddy that i'm playing with is getting impatient waiting.
Reply Quote
Hey,

I have a ASUS G73JH with an ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 video card also and was getting same issue. Including frame tearing and pixelated graphics. and shut downs, which where related to my display driver crashing I updated my bios to 213 from 206 and the vbios update mentioned in that thread, I also updated to the latest catalyst drivers. Since updating I was able to play an hr and a half on 1920x1080 without issue. *Fingers crossed this continues to work* but so far no issues

Updating your Bios might help to 213 and then there is a vbios update that asus brought out to fix GSOD issue

Also this thread

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G73Jh&p=3&os=30
Edited by WyRd#1106 on 5/18/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
bump, I'm using old drivers and the bios is updated... if anyone has any solutions, please post them

thanks
Reply Quote
I'm using ASUS G73J too. Updated drivers, did everything possible I could find. Been at it all day, 15+ shutdowns, settings all low, fps at 60-, although once I managed to get 20 seconds into game before shut down. Any help would be appreciated
Reply Quote
HELP! have the same issues! I get either bsod, or gsod...

If it is bsod then I get the ATIKMPAG.SYS error. I don't know what to do to solve this so if anyone has a solution please let us know.

THanks
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Same laptop and video card here. Same issues. Bump.

-Grishnaar
Reply Quote
I have the same computer, but different problems. I haven't had any BSoD or crashing to desktop problems with D3 so far, but I have been having massive frame rate problems even at the lowest settings. Best of luck to everyone.

Also, I was having serious problems with my computer freezing and BSoD and all that jazz a few weeks ago, and just got it back from Asus two days ago. Seems like a lot of people are having problems with this comp at around the same time.
Edited by Bubbasmash#1692 on 5/21/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem with the same computer. I could play the game for several hours the first time i launched it, now i can't even play for 5 min before the computer crashes. I have tried to update my drivers and i've also tried to use older drivers with no result.

It seems my videocard gets overheated, which seems very odd since i can play every other game with no problems whatsoever :/
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Warrior
I own this laptop as well. If you are having issues with overheating, please take a can of air (found in the computer/office supplies section of many stores) and blow out the vents and other holes of the laptop.

Be sure the laptop is OFF and the battery is removed
Reply Quote
Hey,

I have a ASUS G73JH with an ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 video card also and was getting same issue. Including frame tearing and pixelated graphics. and shut downs, which where related to my display driver crashing I updated my bios to 213 from 206 and the vbios update mentioned in that thread, I also updated to the latest catalyst drivers. Since updating I was able to play an hr and a half on 1920x1080 without issue. *Fingers crossed this continues to work* but so far no issues

Updating your Bios might help to 213 and then there is a vbios update that asus brought out to fix GSOD issue

Also this thread

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G73Jh&p=3&os=30

People read this post before you keep stating you're having problems. According to this thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149177254 everyone there is SUPER happy with the bios fix. I myself is in the process of formatting a bootable Usb thumb drive and try this out.... weirdest thing past two days i had no issues, then bAM today non-stop at least 4-5 times in 1.5 hours
Reply Quote
same problem, how the !@#$ do you update you bios?
Reply Quote
I find the solution for Asus G73J equiped with ati mobility radeon 5870. (My computer have the same problem, he crash)

I will try to explain you in english, because I speak french

1) Set graphic option = LOW (graphic option of diablo 3)
2) Download Msi Afterburner and decrease core clock(MHZ) and memory clock (MHZ) = - 100 MHZ

3) lower the Frame/seconds in the graphic option of diablo 3

In other word, try to lower the graphic option, because the temperature card is to High. IT's the reason of the computer crash.

I solve my problem with that.

The game still runing very well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]